PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

Jillians Fish
05/03/2010, 06:25 PM
I have a powder blue tang who has white blotches.

He got black ich at the beginning of last week and I did 3 freshwater dips. The black ich seems to have calmed down but now he has these white blotches all over. I have been keeping the light off except for when I feed. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? He eats well and seems to be active.

Jdbrine
05/03/2010, 06:59 PM
The black spots on tangs is usually a small flat worm that burrows in the fishes skin... there are several medications that will treat this. The blotchy white spots could be stress, malnutrition or just temporary color loss. Try feeding some food soaked in selcon incase it is due to poor dietary requirements.

Jillians Fish
05/03/2010, 07:21 PM
The local fish store gave me frozen shrimp food to feed him. I also have a flake food...I alternate them. Would you suggest something else? I aslo have two clown fish.

Also...could my clown fish get sick from the tang? Ive had them for 5 years and dont want them to die!

Jdbrine
05/03/2010, 07:58 PM
Clowns are not prone to the flat worms that may be on your tang. Frozen foods are great and frozen shrimp with spirulina are even better for tangs. I would still recommend some Selcon to soak the food in. It is a great vitamin additive for any fish and any food ecspecialy for tangs.

Chris27
05/04/2010, 07:35 AM
Most tangs change color at night, if you leave the light on for a length of time do the blotches go away?

Jillians Fish
05/04/2010, 09:15 AM
No his white blotches are there 24/7

shawna1972
05/21/2010, 11:52 AM
The local fish store gave me frozen shrimp food to feed him. I also have a flake food...I alternate them. Would you suggest something else? I aslo have two clown fish.

Also...could my clown fish get sick from the tang? Ive had them for 5 years and dont want them to die!

Make sure you have algea sheets available on a clip frozen food are a great supplement.