PDA

View Full Version : moved tank...What next?

ecomdesign
05/03/2010, 07:40 PM
I upgraded my system on Sunday. I tore down the old setup, moved it out of the way, and setup a new system. So far things a looking 10 times better. All fish and corals have adapted well so far. Never even lost a snail! The new lights sure do make the colors pop. I got home tonight a noticed some of my snails were mating. I could not believe it. This tank was just moved 24 hours ago!!! I tested my water tonight and it also looks great. I'm hoping to avoid a cycle.

I have some equipment off line that include a ozonizer and a dual bulk reef supply reactor that used used once on my old setup to run GFO and Carbon. Should I hook one of these up, or give it more time??

szwab
05/04/2010, 12:43 AM
If it were me and they wee working well on the other system I'd hook them back up. You essentially just did a huge water change. Which is probably why all is looking well. Th snail spawning was also most likely induced by the change in water parameters. (not necessarily a bad thing :) )

sslak
05/04/2010, 07:39 AM
Looks like you're in good shape! I don't think running that equipment could cause any harm as long as you think it was working well on the old system. You may as well use it!

The GFO/Carbon specifically would be great to run, and can only help you if used correctly.

The ozonizer I have no experience with, so don't know the risks involved.