PDA

View Full Version : Help me better understand the use of prodibio products

jlinzmaier
05/03/2010, 10:23 PM
Hello.

I've used various bacterial proliferation methods before (zeo, vodka, vit C, etc...) but I've never tried prodibio products. I had lot's of trouble with the volatility and small margin for error with the zeo process and from what I'm reading, it seems prodibio is quite different. It sounds like you simply dose the correct amount of ampules so often and it's done. No careful dosing adjustments to prevent bacterial overgrowth, sounds like there is significantly less risk in stripping nutrients too aggressively, and seems to be quite a simple process.

I have a few questions for those out there whom are well versed in prodibio product use.

1) Can I still use ozone injection?? What if I dosed the tank with the supplements and then shut down the flow to the sump (ozone reactor area) and let the supplements mix in the DT for about 30 minutes??

2) What supplements are essential? I believe biodigest is the bacterial supplementation and then for a reef tank the bioptim is the complement to the biodigest to increase bacterial activity and overall function of the nutrient decomposition process. <- Is that correct??

3) I get the feeling that the bioptim is similar to dosing a carbon source in other bacterial proliferation methods. Is that correct??

4) Is bioclean simply a packaged combination of several ampules of biodigest and bioptim or is it something different in addition to those two that needs to be dosed??

5) I have experienced and read of dozens of zeovit disasters, but I have yet to come across any major disruptions with the use of prodibio products. That makes it sound that much more safe and inviting. Dose anyone know of any major complications that can occur when using prodibio products - primarily the use of biodigest and bioptim??

6) Are there any specific/strict do's and don'ts when using prodibio products??

7) I very much enjoy the aspect of and implement various natural means of filtration - algae turf scrubber, growing macroalgea, sponge proliferation, etc... Are any of these natural processes of nutrient reduction incompatible or advised against using when using prodibio?? Will the prodibio use strip the nutrients so thoroughly that it will starve my macroalgea??

If anyone can shed some light on those few questions about the prodibio process/products I would be quite grateful!!

Thanks.

Jeremy

jlinzmaier
05/05/2010, 09:13 AM
Anyone???

Any thoughts???

Any prodibio users willing to comment??

Jeremy