PDA

View Full Version : Aquaclear 5000 powerhead? Need a new one!

A. Grandis
05/03/2010, 11:26 PM
Hello,
I have my system running since 1998 with the Aquaclear 5000 powerhead as the return pump. Yeah, it's a long time!! It's time to change!!

I need to know how many gallons per hour the powerhead pumps, so I can replace it for a new one. I've been searching on the web for old info, but can't find anywhere. The numbers for Aquaclear powerheads are different now.

Also, I wonder what would be the best return pump now a days to substitute the Aquaclear 5000. Maybe I can get a better pump?

Back then it was one of the best for the return (well, we can tell... it was working good since 1998!!!).

Thanks,
Grandis.

A. Grandis
05/04/2010, 04:53 PM
Anyone?

Bump...

moondoggy4
05/04/2010, 06:37 PM
Well how big is the tank and the sump? Do you have a HOB overflow box or a built in overflow box. How big is your drain line into the sump?

A. Grandis
05/04/2010, 10:22 PM
Hey, thanks...
It's a 75gal. Yes, sump. The drain is 1"ID.

I would like to know the best pumps they are selling now, so I can replace the powerhead.

I would prefer in sump, so I don't have to modify anything.
Good quality also... the Aquaclear 5000 was made in Italy and was working great for all those 12 + years!

Any tables with the numbers (drainage/size tank/gal. per hr)?
Suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Grandis.

A. Grandis
05/27/2012, 09:54 PM
Well, after all this time (2 years after!!!!) I've found my own thread by accident on a search and came back with the answer for the Aquaclear 5000:

Min. - 937 GPH
Max. - 952 GPH

Actually a Mag700 works good to replace it.

Just an update for those looking for the same answer, if so...

Grandis.