PDA

View Full Version : internal parasites in platinum clown

mr.tangman
05/04/2010, 07:33 PM
One of my platinum clowns has internal parasites i think. he is not eating and now swimming as often. he sometimes has a white ish colored string coming from his butt that he can't get rid of. He's honstly not in that rough of shape right now the only thing that worries me is he stopped eating. I just formalin dipped him for 10 minutes... is there any good treatment for this situation?

iamwrasseman
05/04/2010, 07:50 PM
prazi pro and it is reef safe so you can use it in your display tank if you need to .

Jacob D
05/04/2010, 09:26 PM
If it's a protozoa infection the Prazi should work, most effective if you can soak the food in it and get him to eat it. If it's threadworms hanging out of his anus the Prazi won't help. You need an anti-nematode medication. The Jungle "Anti-Parasite" food is supposed to have Levamisol in it, but I have never used the stuff (touch wood).

iamwrasseman
05/04/2010, 09:29 PM
i use both when treating my fish for parasites and have had great sucess .i have to crumble up the jungle jims food as its small but hard and most wrasses spit it out so i have found it best to crunch it up first .

mr.tangman
05/04/2010, 10:18 PM
i guess i wil have to try the prazi because he refuses to eat and if i get him eating i will try the jungle stuff where can i find it though?

mr.tangman
05/04/2010, 10:24 PM
o and i just added a velvet nudibranch to eat some flatworms will he be affected by the prazi?

iamwrasseman
05/04/2010, 10:41 PM
the prasi pro claims to be reef safe so it shouldnt hurt the nudi .the jungle jim food can be purchased from dr fosters and smith but i would call your fish stores and see if they carry it .you will need to monitor the ammonia level when using prazi if its in a QT but i have had no problems in my display tank with am.

mr.tangman
05/05/2010, 10:45 AM
ok thank you so much for the advice