PDA

View Full Version : Stocklist for a Barebottom Tank

bioload
05/05/2010, 06:23 PM
I've started setting up my newest tank which will be BB and one disadvantage that others have indicated is

"no sand bed will also limit your options on the fish"

Don't really want to get into a depate on the pro's and con's or DSB's vs BB'so but out of curiosity I was wondering if some BB keepers would let me know what they could or couldn't stock in there BB tanks. (fish/invers/corals)

Much appreiciated.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu78/reefkeeping/IMG_2320.jpg

Pallobi
05/05/2010, 06:27 PM
any sand sifting fish or fish that may sleep in the sand.. ie gobies and wrasses... well some of them... as well as any jawfish, whom burrow like mad in the sand... pistol shrimp, any sand dwelling crustaceans...

i really like a barebottom tank, and depending on what i keep in mine, i may go barebottom after all as well, much easier to keep clean as well...

bioload
05/05/2010, 06:47 PM
any sand sifting fish or fish that may sleep in the sand.. ie gobies and wrasses... well some of them... as well as any jawfish, whom burrow like mad in the sand... pistol shrimp, any sand dwelling crustaceans...

i really like a barebottom tank, and depending on what i keep in mine, i may go barebottom after all as well, much easier to keep clean as well...

Thanks Pall,

Whould you know specifically which gobies, wrasses.....would be nice to put a list together before one runs out to the LFS

sean A.
05/06/2010, 11:21 AM
I have tangs and two mandarins in my BB. I have a Brittle and Blue Linkia starfish, Nassaurus Cerith &
Mexican Turbo snails, and plenty of Hermit crabs. I also have an Emerald & Sally Lightfoot Crab too.