PDA

View Full Version : Sick Snowflake

jwedll
05/05/2010, 07:41 PM
Has anyone everyone seen an eel throw up.....? Let me tell you it is not a pretty sight. Which brings me to my next question. I have fed my eel the same thing for the past 6 months, krill soaked in garlic zeosomething or other. He has always been a very gluttonious eater. But yesterday he took one peice and went back in his cave. Then today when I went to feed him he took one look at the krill and started vomiting. Which thankfully was cleaned up by my other fish but I am kinda concerned about him. Any ideas?

nuccadoc
05/05/2010, 08:14 PM
Mine turned her nose up at silversides soaked in vitamins/amino acids. The first thing I would try is some different food. Hehe, probably is getting tires of the same food for the past 6 months...wouldn't you? Go over to the grocery store and pick up some salad shrimp.

Does she appear to be in good health?

jwedll
05/05/2010, 08:31 PM
yeah, everything else is fine. I did some other research and from what others have said I think might be overfeeding it. Tomorrow I am goin to pick some silversides and try that.

hdean
05/05/2010, 08:39 PM
let me know the outcome mine is doing the same thing and i am going to pick up some new foods this weekend

nuccadoc
05/05/2010, 09:13 PM
Good luck. :)