PDA

View Full Version : GHL profilux light II + simu-L

halmahera
05/08/2010, 01:06 AM
Hi, I just bought GHL profilux light II and 2 simu-L

The simu-L is connected to L1L2 and L3L4 socket
L1 & L3 is set to illumination 1 (white & blue)
L2 & L4 is set to illumination 2 (red)
Problem is, under the illumination 1 to 8 menu, I can't check the Simulation option (eg.Rainy days, Clouds, Thunderstorm, Moon phase)
So far, the thunderstorm flash effect runs well. but no dimming / darkening on any other bulbs during the thunderstorm, clouds, rainy days and moon phase.

Any clue on this strange behaviour ?

AQD_ottawa
05/08/2010, 05:48 AM
you need to select dimmble option under illumination

For further support please use the support forum at www.aquariumcomputer.com/forum where you have access to the global GHL network :)

halmahera
05/08/2010, 10:58 AM
Just upgraded the unit firmware from 4.06 to 4.08 then everything works fine.
Thanks for the quick response, good job man !

GDominy
05/08/2010, 11:15 AM
Just upgraded the unit firmware from 4.06 to 4.08 then everything works fine.
Thanks for the quick response, good job man !

I was just about to suggest you do a firmware update lol. Version 4.08 fixes a lot of lighting quirks.

halmahera
05/08/2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks GDominy, your tutorial on how to set up the thunderstorm had really really helped me a lot in setting up these stuff.

GDominy
05/09/2010, 04:07 AM
No Problem, it can be a pretty daunting task the first time you try to wade through the multitude of options available. This is a fantastic product, but it does need some help sometimes to grasp how it it can all work together. We have a great community though and most profilux owners seem pretty eager to share their ideas which helps a lot.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them, I will try to write a "how to" for anyone that has an idea they want to grind through.