PDA

View Full Version : One clown in pair dead

gte539f
05/08/2010, 10:00 AM
So this morning I woke up to find my smaller male stuck in a mj1200 intake, I didn't have the protective screen on it. Anyway he didn't make it. Now my remaining clown is swimming around looking lonely. Should I get a new partner for her? My LFS sells juvenile clowns so any fish I bought would be very small, maybe 1/3 her size. Would she accept this new fish or just harass it?

tahoe61
05/08/2010, 10:06 AM
I would wait and figure out what killed your first clown, and try to avoid any disease process that may be going on.

A healthy clown usually does not get sucked into a pump.

gte539f
05/08/2010, 01:15 PM
I don't think anything was wrong w/him. But he was definitely not getting as much food as my other clown and my blue tang at feeding time. They kinda bullied him and he'd get scared and swim away. I'd always try to allow him to get some extra food...

tahoe61
05/09/2010, 12:20 PM
I don't think anything was wrong w/him. But he was definitely not getting as much food as my other clown and my blue tang at feeding time. They kinda bullied him and he'd get scared and swim away. I'd always try to allow him to get some extra food...

If that is the case, then I would go with a smaller clown as your other clownfish is more likely to accept it.

On a side note if your other fish were bullying your clown you probably are going to have problems introducing another fish. You may want to change your aquascape when you introduce the new clown.

gte539f
05/10/2010, 04:15 PM
They only bullied him during feeding time, and I'm not sure I'd even call it bullying. They were just more aggressive and he'd shy away as they gobbled up the majority of the food...