PDA

View Full Version : Oddysea 250W MH ballast question

RotaryGeek
05/08/2010, 11:34 PM
I have had my 250W MH/65w PC fixture for about a year and a half now, and im very happy with it. I know about how the ballast is very inefficient and only puts out like 160 watts, but my question is, does that make it more compareable to a 150W MH of a name brand? Even if it does, the price of this fixture is amazing. Count me as one really positive review for Oddysea.

sedor
05/08/2010, 11:43 PM
The quality of the fixture doesn't really compare to the other "name brand" fixtures. They both do the same thing, but your going to get reliability and a long lasting piece of equipment out of a name brand investment. Not to mention resale will be much higher. If the Oddysea is working for you, then great though!

RotaryGeek
05/08/2010, 11:47 PM
Quality wasn't really an issue with this fixture either. Its very sturdily built. The absolute only problem i have ever had with this fixture is that the wire solder to led's came apart in the strip that you pull out to get to the MH lamp. But that was really my fault cuz im always taking it apart to get the lense out to clean it. If i would just clean it without taking the fixture apart, it wouldn't have happened.

sedor
05/08/2010, 11:49 PM
In their defense Odysseas do seem to have come a long way. I remember not to long ago reading stories of the fixtures catching on fire occasionally.