PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ocellaris clowns hosting RBTA...

NoobieNemo
05/09/2010, 09:51 PM
I have two Ocellaris clowns that are around 6 years old.

I had a RBTA in their tank some years ago and they loved it, they always hosted it.

Make a long story short, I lost the RBTA and they went for a few years without one.

I recently downgraded my tank from a 90 gallon to a 14 gallon (where the clowns have gotten a lot happier!)

I acquired a RBTA over the weekend and they haven't hosted it yet. I dunno why they won't, because they LOVED the last one they had.

I tried putting a picture of 2 Ocellaris clowns hosting an RBTA up on their glass, but it hasn't helped. Is there anything I can do to persuade them to host it? I am a bit surprised they haven't hosted it yet (when I introduced them years ago to the other RBTA, it only took one day for them to go in it (after I put a picture on the glass)) I got this new RBTA on Saturday and they still aren't in it! :-(

any ideas?

thanks,

Noob

timjoemak
05/09/2010, 11:15 PM
TIME... I seriously think it's time. Mine took like 2 weeks to host my BTA. and seriously it's all about patience (: Maybe it's a transition from having no BTA for awhile and then suddenly seeing one is going to be a shocking thing to see, get what I mean? Be patient NoobieNemo. Just enjoy them being them (:

NoobieNemo
05/10/2010, 12:09 AM
Ah okay, awesome! Thanks!

NoobieNemo
05/10/2010, 02:42 PM
one more question that I thought of...

my anemone is sorta close to the very top of my tank... do you think this could be a reason they are not hosting it? should I lower it to mid level?

here is a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/NoobieNemo/photo.jpg

gweston
05/10/2010, 03:04 PM
I'd just leave the nem where it is. It looks happy.. if you move it, it will most likely move itself back where it was.. or at worse. Somewhere you don't want (powerhead) :)

I have a RBTA with my two Occelaris. They know what an RBTA is and they have refused to host it for some 3-4 weeks now. Instead they camped up in the back corner of the tank, and laid eggs against the glass. Fairly odd, but I'm going to wait them out. I wish they would host... why I got the RBTA for begin with.

Moos3
05/11/2010, 12:50 PM
Looks far too small for that clown in the foreground, if that is indeed a 14g. :<

NoobieNemo
05/11/2010, 03:58 PM
that was taken with my iphone (sorta sucks), the anemone is big enough...

WaffleWalffle22
05/11/2010, 04:45 PM
My clownfish are snobs. They won't go in any anemone under 8", so they are only hosted by one RBTA in my tank.

NoobieNemo
05/24/2010, 09:24 AM
great news! they are finally hosting the RBTA!!!

pandarider007
05/24/2010, 10:11 AM
great news! they are finally hosting the RBTA!!!

pics!!:celeb1:

DustinB
05/24/2010, 12:07 PM
Lucky you, mine are more interested a sandy corner of my tank. Not even a curious look.

elder luis
05/24/2010, 06:40 PM
My nems took 6 months to host my green bbt... :(