PDA

View Full Version : AC3 with PX1000 - Changed Module designation?

ciphros
05/10/2010, 09:33 AM
I woke up this morning to my frag system running cold, and no alarm. Sometime over the course of the weekend (I was out of town) things with the PX1000 apparently changed for no reason - no one touched anything, as no one was there. I have the PX1000 connected to the AC3, and it's been listed as TmpA and pHA for several months. When I checked this morning, it showed values for TmpA and pHA1 that looked like what I should have at the end of the day. Unplugged and reset the AC3 and the PX1000, now the temp and pH are showing up as TmpC and PhC1 - even though there's only 1 PX1000 connected. Any thoughts on why, and how to correct?

kenargo
05/10/2010, 02:44 PM
Sometimes you can reset the PX1000 back to the correct name by disabling the "Expansion", power cycle the controller, enable expansioni and then connecting the PX1000.

If that doesn't work then the fastest would be to contact Neptune and they can tell you how to fix this. I suspect you may have had a brown out of power spike.

ciphros
05/10/2010, 02:49 PM
OK, I'll try that, tried just about everything but not sure I got that combination in there this morning. Will report back with the fix if this works, or what Curt has to say if I have to call in.

Thanks!

ciphros
05/11/2010, 09:53 AM
No luck with this, called Curt, but haven't heard back from him yet. For the moment, I have just turned the heater outlet on and have it set to a safe but wider variance running of the heater's controller.

ciphros
05/12/2010, 12:54 PM
Curt thinks communication problems due to extended cable. Shortened it as much as I can and re-soldered all my connections, still having the same issue. So, I am just going with it and migrated to module C, calibrated temp and pH, and it seems to be running about as it had been before compared to my outside temp monitor, and pH is the same as what I had seen before, and matches the quick test results for pH. Guess I'll wait and see if it holds on Module C or if this continues to be a problem.