PDA

View Full Version : Coral limitations

berger9953
05/10/2010, 10:33 PM
My name is Connor, and I was told that I coule findthe experts on lights from a few different forums. So I hope you all don't mind me asking a question about the limitations of coral in my tank.

Well, I have a 20g with 24" 2x24watt t5ho one actinic and one 10k bulb with individual reflectors. Its a current usa model. I have lps and softies in there right now. And they're all doing great. My question is: Can I keep sps like birdsnest, acropora and montipora? If not, what are my limitations?

Thank you so much in advance! Berger9953

cloak
05/11/2010, 01:17 PM
I don't see why you couldn't give the montipora and the birdsnest a try. Acropora, not so much. Just place them up high and see what happens. If those two corals really seem to take off, then you can try something else. Just kind of go from there. Also, try to keep your parameters as stable as possible. Fluctuactions seems to make them unhappy.

Good luck.

IslandCrow
05/11/2010, 01:25 PM
I'd agree with that assessment. Acropora are going to be tough with that particular light.

berger9953
05/11/2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll experiement alittle with them. My other question is if I keep them near the surface, will they be unhappy when the water level goes down and the air touches them during a water change? I can see during acclimation or fragging, but every 2 weeks or so?