PDA

View Full Version : Questions

bjkramer
05/11/2010, 06:12 AM
I sent an email that got 0 response so let's try here.

Questions:

1) are longer cables available? My dump and water storage are about 25 to 30 feet apart?

2) can the system be setup to automatically do small water changes daily?

GenesisReefSys
05/11/2010, 06:28 AM
Good morning bjkramer,

Sorry for the lack of a response - I'll look into that. (did you send through the forum or webpage? Thanks.)

Here are the answers to your questions, to the best of my ability without actually seeing your system.

1) Standard extension cables are not available for the reservoirs. They can each be located approximately 6 feet from the control module, allowing about 12 feet between them. However, the tubing can extend from the pumps in your sump and replacement water container to the reservoirs, provided your pumps are still capable of transferring 1 gpm to the reservoirs with the increased head loss. Therefore, the distance is actually limited by the lengths of the cords on your pumps.

2) The system can indeed be set up to do small water changes daily by using the "Week" mode and multiplying the number of gallons you want to change on a daily basis by 7. You'll need to hit the Start button just once a week, when you check your water supply or have prepared new replacement water during your normal weekly routine.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Kevin

GenesisReefSys
05/11/2010, 06:36 AM
bjkramer,

Sorry, I should clarify my answer for your second question:

The daily water change will not occur rapidly one-gallon-after-the-other. Instead it will be spread over the course of the day. For instance, if you want to do a ten gallon water change per day, it will exchange 1 gallon every 2.4 hours.

GenesisReefSys
05/11/2010, 06:56 AM
bjkramer,

I verified that our email link on our Contact page is broken; it will be fixed as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience. I suspect you emailed us during our "Free Standard Shipping over $250" promotion, so I'll be happy to extend the free standard shipping offer to you.

Have a good day,
Kevin

bjkramer
05/11/2010, 08:44 AM
Can you recommend a pump that can handle a 8 ft vertical and 10-15 ft horizontal run ?

slovan
05/11/2010, 08:52 AM
1) Standard extension cables are not available for the reservoirs. They can each be located approximately 6 feet from the control module, allowing about 12 feet between them. However, the tubing can extend from the pumps in your sump and replacement water container to the reservoirs, provided your pumps are still capable of transferring 1 gpm to the reservoirs with the increased head loss. Therefore, the distance is actually limited by the lengths of the cords on your pumps.

Hi Kevin,

Welcome as a sponsor and for providing an alternative for water top off and water change!

Not having a strong pump is an issue for my setup. My water storage closet is about 20 ft away from my tank so I would need the system to be able to push and pull water from a distance. I have been looking at the Litermeter water change system but I am also open to other alternatives. Is there a chance you will offer a stronger pump for those who have remote water storage?

GenesisReefSys
05/11/2010, 09:43 AM
Certainly! I'll take a look at some pump curves and get back to you both soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

GenesisReefSys
05/11/2010, 12:52 PM
Good afternoon,

I have sent you both some information on various pumps via PM.

I believe I forgot to add in the PM's that every RENEW system includes two flow control valves so that nearly any pump can be used to move the water, as long as it draws 2.5A or less and can deliver at least one gallon per minute to the metering reservoirs. Pumps that deliver too much water can be dialed back using the flow control valves much in the same way a protein skimmer's flow is adjusted.

I hope this helps!
Kevin