PDA

View Full Version : grape caulerpa in main display

keith sprague
05/11/2010, 07:52 AM
i have caulerpa growing in my main tank .all SPS.is it due to phosphate or some other source? or is it good or bad?i dont really mind it i just dont like it growing around my SPS.and its a pain to get rid of sometimes. and if i do decide to get rid of it all is there an easy to. on natural way to?

got2envy
05/11/2010, 08:51 AM
Racemosa (grape caulerpa) is one of the most invasive macros out there..I would not trust in a reef display...it will find it's way into crevices and will be a PITA to get rid of later on.
I would go with another type of macro for the display :)

nothing eats racemose, you will have to pull it out by hand and try not to break the roots.

HTH

~Maria

keith sprague
05/11/2010, 08:58 AM
Racemosa (grape caulerpa) is one of the most invasive macros out there..I would not trust in a reef display...it will find it's way into crevices and will be a PITA to get rid of later on.
I would go with another type of macro for the display :)

nothing eats racemose, you will have to pull it out by hand and try not to break the roots.

HTH

~Maria

i didnt put it there it just grew.i cant stand it.one of my ?s are what makes it grow ? is it a N/P problem or does it just grow?

got2envy
05/11/2010, 09:27 AM
It will pretty much just grow if there are nutrients in the tank it can use as well as light

Racemosa and taxilfolia are like the cockroaches of macro...they can live thru pretty much anything lol

pull it out by hand wherever you see it and when it pops back up.
eventually it will stop when you get all the roots and small broken pieces out.

keith sprague
05/11/2010, 09:39 AM
hmmm... i do use natural sun light for my tank for 4 hrs in the morning.but i have no other types of alage in my tank