PDA

View Full Version : Geocaching

tylersdad
05/11/2010, 08:14 AM
Hey everyone.

I used to be stationed there in Okinawa with my 60 gallon tank, I'm not sure if you remember me or not crash (Jon) but I left there in November.

Since I got out of the military and am back in the States I just found out about a "hobby" called geocaching. You go on the website www.geocaching.com and register for an account. You then put in Okinawa and it will give you coordinates to enter in your GPS and you go find the point and there will be a container there. Usually in the container, which will be hidden, there will be a log to sign in on and some kinds of goodies. If you take something you have to leave something as well and log your visits on the site.

I wish I would have known about it when I was still in Oki, I am having a blast with it here.

If you guys have any questions or want more information email me at wesleycharlessmith@yahoo.com And too, if you need anything from the States let me know and I will send it to you.

Wes.

tylersdad
05/11/2010, 08:15 AM
**There is also an update to Google Earth that will show the caches...

2t2_crash
05/11/2010, 02:36 PM
that's pretty cool Wes.. I'll have to look into it.

how's the civvy life treating you?

tylersdad
05/11/2010, 06:04 PM
Hands down the best decision I have ever made. Living my dream. www.functionalfitnessunleashed.com

okimixedx2
05/26/2010, 05:36 AM
I TOTALLY have one of the geocaching items in my garden right outside my office window!
I get visitors ALL the time!!