PDA

View Full Version : Color correction, How long does it take?

Versus
05/12/2010, 03:23 PM
Curious for people who have had experience, with browned or bleached corals what was the turn around time once you "found" the issue that they started to color up again.

Ive been having an issue with all bleached frags for awhile and decided to raise my lights 15" above the surface (8x24w on a 20 deep).

If I cant figure out the issue im dunzo so basically I am trying to figure out a time line when to call it quits lol.

if you have seen my other threads basically from what I can tell everything is in check and im trying to figure out a severe bleaching issue, yet I have growth even though things are getting worse.

buy_baff
05/12/2010, 03:37 PM
For me about 2 to 4 weeks.

MrSandman
05/12/2010, 05:48 PM
Had this happen to me about a year ago. Overdosed on some amino acids and had a slight browning event. Took about 3 weeks to recover back to where it was prior.

t4zalews
05/12/2010, 06:25 PM
my pearlberry got real dark greenish brown. Thought it would never color back up. Its been about 2 months and its finally coming around. I think it depends on how bad the coral was effected. I've had small color changes fix within weeks. biggest mistake people make is moving the piece to much..just LEAVE IT alone and it will come back to original color.

flamron
05/12/2010, 07:11 PM
I had a near crash alk spike over a year ago. I'm still recovering color on a couple pieces.

reefinder
05/13/2010, 07:54 AM
just depends on how stressed the corals are, some take weeks others take many months.