PDA

View Full Version : Snorkeling In Jamaica Pics!!

SPCLMANAGE
05/12/2010, 06:37 PM
My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon at the Sandals resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica and it was a blast. Highly recommend going there if anyone was thinking about. The experience was unbelievable and the Sandals resort was everything we thought it would be. Wasn't able to go SCUBA diving due to not being able to equalize my right ear. However, we went snorkeling almost every day and sometimes twice a day. We saw Rays, Sgt. Majors, blue tangs, trumpet fish, various wrasses', damsels, blennies, parrot fish, butterflys, volitan lionfish, tobies, squirrelfish, hogfish, and many more

Pics are not of digital quality so keep that in mind

SPCLMANAGE
05/12/2010, 06:56 PM
Some more pics

itzgtd
05/13/2010, 03:04 PM
Nice pics.. one day I hope to go snorkeling

MechEng99
05/17/2010, 07:19 PM
Nice! We just got back from Sandals Negril as well. We aren't fans of all-inclusives, but it was still nice.

Your snorkeling pics look like you didn't miss out on a whole lot from scuba-diving. But, I must say, there was some awesome diving. We saw a 7' and 10' nurse shark, two sea turtles, a Southern stingray, a yellow stingray, and two dolphins that decided to play near us (very cool to watch!!) Some of the snorkelers said they saw a nurse shark and eagle ray too. :)

SPCLMANAGE
05/17/2010, 11:20 PM
I was really hoping to see a reef or nurse shark or a Hawksbill turtle. Maybe next time I get a chance to go to the Carribean I will get to do some actual diving.

dcombs44
06/05/2010, 09:29 AM
I stayed next door to the Sandals in MoBay at the RIU. It was so so, but we'd been to lots nicer places.

Glad you enjoyed the Sandals. We were told that good diving in Montego was all but gone, so we didn't try to go. Looks like there's still a bit to be seen.

Thanks for sharing.