PDA

View Full Version : Timers not working on APEX??

sitandwatch
05/12/2010, 08:21 PM
So just got my apex and well its not working as I would like.

I have set up my outlets
main menu -> setup -> outlet setup -> modify outlet -> and set outlets 1 and 2 as my lights

Then I go

main menu -> setup -> outlet setup -> program outlet -> select outlet 1 the light
set fallback to on
On time 11:00
off time 20:00
temp probe: none
off temp: 82
hysteresis: 030:00

So I am expecting the lights to come on at 11am and turn off at 8pm but nope nothing happens?

So what am I doing wrong??

aquamanic
05/12/2010, 08:41 PM
First, do this via the web pages. It's much easier.

Check the outlet status and make sure its set to 'auto' , not 'manual off'

Your hysterisis is going to delay 30 minutes. You can make that 0 for testing.

sitandwatch
05/12/2010, 09:19 PM
I figure it would be way easier if I was to do it though the web page, but I am waiting on a router to connect so figured how hard would it be to use the controller, I now know how hard.

The light are set to auto then I was testing but now set to on or off as I am doing them manually now.

What is "hysterisis "

Thanks for the reply

aquamanic
05/13/2010, 06:31 AM
What is "hysterisis "

Hysterisis is essentially the 'Min Time' command. It prevents an outlet from changing from its current state to a new state for a prescribed amount of time. You can read more about this in the User Guide linked at the top of the forum.

A use for lights would be if you want your MH lights to turn off at 80 degrees you don't want them turning back on 2 minutes later when the temp falls to 79.9. During testing however, you could be wondering why your program isn't working but fail to realize that you're inside that 30 minute window.

sitandwatch
05/13/2010, 07:52 AM
Ah "hysterisis " that makes sense.

Still not timer actions? Any other Ideas? If not I will just have to wait until I can get my router going access the web server to program as the fancy control unit does not seem to be capable(Yup a little bitter).

Thanks

aquamanic
05/13/2010, 08:21 AM
I would change the hysterisis to 0

Define your temp probe, then make sure your temp probe is not reading > 82

See if that works.

sitandwatch
05/13/2010, 10:17 AM
I did change the hysterisis to 0 last night and no change.

Now I don't have the temp prob hooked up yet, and that is why I have it set to none.

I will hook it up tonight and see if that helps

Thanks for the suggestion.