PDA

View Full Version : T5 Dimming modules

nickjj
05/13/2010, 11:26 AM
Sweet. AQ just announced their T5 dimming system.

Aquatronica is pleased to present its new LIGHTS family, a range of aquarium lighting products that integrates the control Systems with new functions.

These products have been designed for use with small and big aquariums, for freshwater and saltwater, and can be connected to both the Aquatronica systems.
It is thanks to the flexibility, that distinguishes these systems, that one or more lighting systems can be installed on the same aquarium.

This family includes:

- T5 DIMMABLE BAR LIGHTS (ACQ502-39/54/80)
which is a set of electronically adjustable T5 fluorescent lamps that are able to modulate brightness and create dimmable sunrise/sunset effects.

- the BAR-LIGHT DIMMING MODULE (ACQ441)with this module you can connect the Aquatronica dimmable T5 bars to the control systems and set, by means of the Controller or Multitester, one or more programmes so that the bars reproduce sunrise/sunset effects.

- the STAND-ALONE BAR-LIGHT DIMMING MODULE (ACQ440)
with which you can set the programmes wanted on the Aquatronica dimmable T5 bars via PC software. This module has an internal battery so the bars can work in the stand alone mode without the need for any other control systems.

- the DIMMABLE LAMPS CONNECTING WIRE (ACQ405)
to connect dimmable lamps of other “Aquatronica Compatible” manufacturers to the Aquatronica control systems. This makes it possible to control switching on/switching off of HQI lamps via the Aquarium Controller or Multitester and create dimmable effects with the T5 neons.

RobbyG
05/13/2010, 06:42 PM
Beat me to it :)

Maybe Santa will put one of these under my tree.

If anybody gets one please upload some pictures, maybe do a miny review.

cudaruner
05/14/2010, 10:22 AM
Where are these dimming modules located at? Im very interested in them and would like to learn more about them.

RobbyG
05/14/2010, 06:40 PM
Should be sold here, very soon

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/

Paradiddle7
08/20/2010, 10:04 PM
Did anyone ever get one of these? How can I tell if it will work with my ballast? I have an IceCap 660-009.

RobbyG
08/24/2010, 07:11 PM
Email Aquatronica and ask them if the Ballast is supported.

Paradiddle7
08/27/2010, 02:43 PM
Here's the AT response! It's a joke to me. Do they even care to sell any of these modules on their own? If not, why is it even separate than their own T5 setup?

Dear Customer,
our ACQ441 has been developed to work with our dimmable lights ACQ502-xx.
We didn't test it with other brands, so, we aren't able to tell you if it can works.

I remain at your disposal should you need any further information
Best regads,

Elena Cavazzoni
Technical Assistance

landy
08/27/2010, 08:14 PM
Here's the AT response! It's a joke to me. Do they even care to sell any of these modules on their own? If not, why is it even separate than their own T5 setup?

Dear Customer,
our ACQ441 has been developed to work with our dimmable lights ACQ502-xx.
We didn't test it with other brands, so, we aren't able to tell you if it can works.

I remain at your disposal should you need any further information
Best regads,

Elena Cavazzoni
Technical Assistance

par for the course with these guys...

hey, while they are "at your disposal", ask them if they ever plan on making the tunze controller usable :lol:
Software upgrade anyone:love2:

Paradiddle7
08/28/2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, totally frustrating. If AT would just do 1 more development push to get their new modules out and working, plus update the software, the control would be the best. I've had quality problems too. I have so much invested that I don't want to jump ship but if anything else ever looks compelling, i'd be tempted.