PDA

View Full Version : Elegance differences- Indo vs Aussie

Doe5ia14
05/17/2010, 01:43 AM
I've used the search button but I can't seem to find a clear answer about what the difference is between the Indo and Aussie Elegances. I understand and have read that Aussies are far more hardy. What are the physical differences I should look for when looking at an elegance? Colors? Size? Skeleton shape? Tentecle shape? I saw someone say that Indo's have multiple mouths and Aussies have a single mouth?

stevedola
05/17/2010, 10:09 AM
usually the price will tell you if theyre indo or aussie ;-)

im not sure on the physical differences but Ive been told that the indos carry a pathogen that infects the coral. the aussie elegances when introduced to a tank with indos will die.

stevedola
05/17/2010, 10:37 AM
I know my aussie elegance has a neon green burst in the center that stretches to the edge

Hormigaquatica
05/18/2010, 08:09 PM
There is no physical difference. There is a wide variety of color and growth patterns between individual throughout its range. As stevedola said though- price is a pretty good indication. Aussies can easily be 2-3 times the price of a comparable indo. piece.

Just have to ask your supplier, and trust that they know where a given piece came from.