PDA

View Full Version : ACIII Froze After Power Outage

Kengar
05/17/2010, 07:25 PM
I never had this happen before. Our power went out some time this afternoon, as I could tell since the metal halides were off but the actinics were on when I got home. That was not unexpected, since my lights come back up in staggered fashion when there is a power cycle to prevent all the surge from tripping the GFCI circuit, so I figured I simply got home just shortly after the power came back on. Well, at 9:20 p.m., I noticed that the actinics were still on long after they should have been off, so I checked the controller. It was stuck at about 4:30 p.m. Time was not progressing at all, nor could I access the controller via the wireless ethernet bridge. I cycled power to the unit and it jumped right back to where it should be in terms of time and various devices being on and off.

Anyone see this behavior before? Anything that indicates something is going wrong somewhere?

Thanks.

kenargo
05/17/2010, 09:49 PM
It can happen if the power spikes quickly (a brown out) or if when the power comes back on it spikes. I don't think there is anything wrong.

Kengar
05/18/2010, 05:46 AM
Thanks, Ken