PDA

View Full Version : Did I do something stupid?

Red Fish
05/17/2010, 08:01 PM
I got this at a great price and love the color! However, there is a small amount of black on part and it look like there may have been some algae growing on it.

Do you think it will make it or did I waste my money?

Is there anything I can do to make it happier?

footballdude2k3
05/17/2010, 08:03 PM
target feed it, find the sweet spot in the tank for this and you should be good to go. try mysis, 2-3 times a week

Friday Night
05/17/2010, 08:05 PM
2nd pic in bag i thought it looked like waste.. Anyevent hit it with the turkey baster see what happens

Cptn Spaulding
05/17/2010, 08:07 PM
put it on the bottom of your tank for now and as said before try feeding it... maybe at night if feeders come out then..

RokleM
05/18/2010, 06:54 AM
Hard to tell, but it looks like a very badly bleached brain (trachyphyllia). It looks like waste or expelling zooxanthellae. Move it down to the sand, and be careful not to shock it with too much light. Do NOT FORCE FEED IT, as this will just cause further stress. If it starts extending a bit and has feeding response when you're feeding the rest of your tank, start out with some small food like mysis. Turn off the pumps and target feed a few per rough mouth location and go from there.

Red Fish
05/18/2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks everyone. I did get a feeding response when feeding Rod's coral food. So I spot feed it a mix of coral food and mysis shrimp. Now I will just wait and see.

Thanks again!

BlueFaceAngel
05/18/2010, 10:21 PM
its not retracting...just give it some time just feed at night