PDA

View Full Version : Yet another peacock mantis lighting question

King Nikon
05/19/2010, 10:41 PM
I know there have been threads before but I felt as though I needed to make a new one with more specifics than going off other people's suggestions for their tank.

Anyway I've got a peacock (just a wee little guy) in a 25 gallon 24"x12"x20". I've been thinking of changing the lights out to better suit my few soft corals in there. Was wondering if you guys here think that a 24" 24x2 watt 420nm actinic and a 10,000k is too much for the shrimp.

It has aragonite white sand and keep in mind the burrow is underneath some live rock and completely dark inside. The shrimp comes out all the time, I'm just worried it might be too much lighting. Maybe something different than a 10k?

Chucky228
06/05/2010, 04:20 AM
No replies yet! I'm having the same sort of question. I'd like to hear what other people think about this.

Guygettnby
06/05/2010, 06:16 AM
when they say low lighting, they are meaning no intese light. i have run a 175W 20K halide on one of my peacocks tanks before without any problem. but the halide was also pretty high off of the tank. i have also run PC and T5 lights with no ill effect. so as long as your not running alot of intese close up light you should be fine. any kind of light that will support softies will be perfectly fine.

you will be perfectly fine with the light you are wanting to get.

Thurge
06/06/2010, 09:33 AM
I think that two T-5's will be quite alright.

King Nikon
06/17/2010, 02:23 PM
I went with what I said because my soft corals really needed the extra light, aside from my anchor coral slowly dying because the store I got it from sucks, everything is doing great.