PDA

View Full Version : Skimmerless 4 weeks?

Klaus777
05/20/2010, 10:37 AM
So my situation is this. I am in the process of moving so I have packed all my tanks up and put them in my brothers garage for the next few weeks until my new house is ready. Basically I combined 2 reef systems totaling 250 gallons using a livestock tank and some aquariums and plumbed them all together. I moved all of the live rock into the temporary home and left behind two DSB's.
My question is should the corals (SPS and LPS) be okay without a skimmer for the next 3-4 weeks.
My original plan was to hook it up but I'm looking to reduce the amount of things that could go wrong since I am only there once and a while to check up on things.

Note: there is about 225lbs of live rock in the system.

thegrun
05/20/2010, 11:00 AM
You do not need to use the skimmer, but you should monitor the water parameters, you may need to perform a water change(s).

AngelAddict
05/20/2010, 11:04 AM
Is there any fish in the system?

Klaus777
05/20/2010, 11:12 AM
Is there any fish in the system?

Yes, a Maroon clown, mandarin goby, rainfords goby, pearly jawfish, 2 black and white clowns, hippo tang. There are also two good sized RBTA's

Klaus777
05/20/2010, 11:14 AM
You do not need to use the skimmer, but you should monitor the water parameters, you may need to perform a water change(s).

would 10% water change weekly be enough/too much? you think?