PDA

View Full Version : MP40 short pulse mode with bowfront and corner overflow?

alexdobija
05/21/2010, 05:03 PM
I want to put MP40's in my 90 gallon bow front. My tank has a corner overflow and I was wondering if this would cause problems. I want to know if anyone knows about this and has any experience with this. I know if I ran crest, and lagoon mode I would have nice flow but my main concern is short pulse mode. Could I run this mode with a corner overflow? Could I run this mode with a bowfront? Would the wave be compressed when moving from side to side and blow out the sides of my tank? Thanks.

myaerica
05/21/2010, 05:21 PM
I would think you would be fine but I dont know for sure. I run mine on long pulse cause it runs at 100% for longer.

E.intheC
05/21/2010, 06:57 PM
I know that the bowfronts are actually pretty sturdy. Ecotech has said they're not liable for any damage caused by the wave action, but they've also stated they have never heard of tanks breaking due to the waves.

I don't think you'll have problems with the corner overflow. I've seen lots of tanks set up like this. You can also run your MP40 in the other modes, like reefcrest or lagoon mode.

Stanley-Reefer
05/21/2010, 09:42 PM
I have 4 in my 175 bow along with a mag 18 return pump....