PDA

View Full Version : 55g reef w an anemone

donkeys4hire
05/27/2010, 03:24 PM
This is my tank. I think the anemone is getting too big or is already too big. I just had to move my duncan. They used to be 6 inches apart recently the anem has gotten bigger and closer to within 1 inch. My question is if I exchange this anem will my clown host the new one?

DustinB
05/27/2010, 03:29 PM
No way to tell. I've seen post of people that had the same anemone and clown for 5 years. Lost the nem and replaced it a week later. Clown hosted it, but it took a couple months. Some just jumped right in, others never did.

t4zalews
05/27/2010, 03:32 PM
Mine switched from a red bubble tip, to a green bubble tip, to a sebae, now to a carpet. Took them about three days to figure out the sebae was an anemone...took 20 min with the carpet.

clowns101
05/27/2010, 03:33 PM
Generally speaking they will.Clowns host by instinct not by learning how to host.When I got my new LTA after getting rid of my older BTA the clowns took to the anemone in just a few hours.

ocellaris123
05/28/2010, 02:49 PM
What type of anemone do you have? All host anemones get rather large and if your not willing to invest the proper space for one I would skip them all together. I swapped out all my bubble anemones for a blue haddoni and it took my clowns a day to host the carpet.