PDA

View Full Version : Mystery wrasse with a mccosker flasher wrasse?

greddy1
05/27/2010, 09:44 PM
I'm posting this even though I know what the answer is going to be. I bought a juvenile mystery wrasse and mccosker wrasse at the same time for almost a week they seemed fine almost swimming together it seemed. Then the mccosker disappeared. Just bought another mccosker the other day went into the rocks never came out. Are the mystery wrasse that bad with other flashers? I based my decision on marinecenter.com saying they were compatable with other wrasses. Lot of money wasted

snorvich
05/28/2010, 07:15 AM
I'm posting this even though I know what the answer is going to be. I bought a juvenile mystery wrasse and mccosker wrasse at the same time for almost a week they seemed fine almost swimming together it seemed. Then the mccosker disappeared. Just bought another mccosker the other day went into the rocks never came out. Are the mystery wrasse that bad with other flashers? I based my decision on marinecenter.com saying they were compatable with other wrasses. Lot of money wasted

Mystery wrasses and flasher wrasses won't work.

The Reef Expert
05/28/2010, 08:45 AM
Why has marine center not been in business for like two years? They have Chaetodon litus and I really like all their rare species! Candy basslets on liveaquaria are $899.99. At the Marine Center they are $89.99 maybe a misprint or maybe it's for real.

greddy1
05/28/2010, 08:50 AM
Well that sucks. I should have posted this the first time I bought the mccosker but I saw them swimming together almost buddy like and didn't think the mystery could have been the culprit

wrasseguy2
05/28/2010, 09:41 AM
Why has marine center not been in business for like two years? They have Chaetodon litus and I really like all their rare species! Candy basslets on liveaquaria are $899.99. At the Marine Center they are $89.99 maybe a misprint or maybe it's for real.

ok..not sure why this is in here??...for the op..flashers and mysteery wrasses will not work as steve said..also do you have a top on your tank..if not you need to get one because you will be without a mystery as well

snorvich
05/28/2010, 03:29 PM
ok..not sure why this is in here??...for the op..flashers and mysteery wrasses will not work as steve said..also do you have a top on your tank..if not you need to get one because you will be without a mystery as well

Yes, they WILL jump. Not "if" but "when". Sorry I missed the no top information.

greddy1
05/28/2010, 09:09 PM
Yes it has a clear mesh top I custom made. Been there lost a mandarin and goby prior to the top