PDA

View Full Version : kalkwasser dosing

jubjub
05/30/2010, 02:46 PM
out of curiosity who doses kalkwasser or ato kalkwasser?? i've done some reading in the past where people mix it in their ato water, although im starting to second guess doing that because since kalkwasser isnt fully dissolve-able in water, it seems like my tank is a little cloudy most of the time...i do keep a maxi 900 in my ato container to keep it stirring constantly.

anythoughts?

bonzanin
05/30/2010, 04:02 PM
I use a DIY nielsen reactor, very efective... How to do it:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1801888

biecacka
05/30/2010, 06:16 PM
you might be dosing it too fast. i drip dose mine in my tank and have yet to have a cloudy issue. turn back the speed of the drips or shorten the length of time your pump pumps into your sump. or if possible weaken the solution a bit if using an ATO

jimsplace
05/31/2010, 04:38 AM
Take the power head out, kalk does not need to be stirred once mixed. Add your kalk to your ro water, stir and your ready to go. There will be some that doesn't dissolve and or precip that you don't want in your tank. Just clean your resevor out once in a while.

rezaktp
06/01/2010, 10:54 AM
+1 with Jim, keep it simple kalk is really easy to dose, I mix up 32 gallons in a brute container..last me a little over 30 days!

Mattik
06/01/2010, 05:19 PM
I use an ATO to dose....Tom's Aqualifter on a float switch is all I use.

I was really worried going in, but it has been a great benefit to my reef tank.

biecacka
06/01/2010, 05:28 PM
+1 with Jim, keep it simple kalk is really easy to dose, I mix up 32 gallons in a brute container..last me a little over 30 days!

rezaktp, how are you dosing it from the brute to the tank. auto lifter pump, drip or just a powerhead for a few minutes?
corey