PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Help

Eel-byte
05/31/2010, 01:23 PM
Just getting started on my 120g build. Picked up the tank and stand from a local reefer as he was upgrading. Had the stand re-skinned, very nice. I'm not the best at laying things out or being very creative as plumbing goes. I'm planning on using a reeflo snapper and wanted to use a 1" scwd with plumging running up the back and 2 3/4" standard flow returns off this pump (planning on using the holes already drilled in the overflow for the 3/4" returns). I already have my durso's built by the instructions found here, http://www.dursostandpipes.com/make-your-own-diy?start=3 . I used this on my 58g, worked great. My delema is trying to get all this to fit. I would really like to use the squid, but it looks like i wouldn't have enough clearance between the ball valve and the aquarium. I'm going to try and photo shop a plumbing idea and post it tomorrow. I thought I would throw this out today to see what ideas come in.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss163/eel-byte/reef/plumbing.jpg

johnnydoe
05/31/2010, 02:06 PM
i personally wouldnt use the scwd more Maintenance to do .

Eel-byte
05/31/2010, 02:25 PM
i personally wouldnt use the scwd more Maintenance to do .

I'm trying to find an om squirt 2-way. That should be a little easier to fit in the stand.

johnnydoe
05/31/2010, 03:51 PM
i personally agian would pipe 2 1in returns up over the back of the tank no wave making device . your gonnna need powerheads for flow , so if u want the wave action make the powerheads give it the wave action . just my idea

Eel-byte
05/31/2010, 05:58 PM
I've already have 2 mp40w's fr wave action. Just wanted more random flow.

redfishsc
05/31/2010, 06:06 PM
Agreed with the above, skip the SCWD especially if running Vortechs.

If you want random flow, put the return spouts pointing somewhere across the flow of the Vortechs. As the Vortechs do their wave thing, the return water flow will cause even more unusual turbulence.

Or just have them boiling the water surface for good O2 exchange.

Eel-byte
05/31/2010, 06:13 PM
I'll probably break it up into 4 3/4" returns.