PDA

View Full Version : 250 Gallon NEW SETUP WHAT SHOULD I DO????

dericcanderson
05/31/2010, 11:59 PM
Ok guys I have had tons of fish tanks but I think I am winding down to what i really want. Right now i have a 29 gallon reef tank with a 10 gallon sump and then i have a 100 gallon fowlr tank. I just got a 250 gallon tank off Craigslist beautiful condition and really big!!!!! what should i do with it dimensions are 72 long 24 wide 36 tall?????? I would love ideas should i do reef? aggresive? anything just let me know i like to have others opinions. Ill say this its going in my living room so whenever i have guest it will be the first thing they see..................

discus510
06/01/2010, 01:48 AM
ahh 36" tall is hard to work with do an anename and clown tank

khaosinc
06/01/2010, 05:03 AM
Alot depends on how much you want to spend and how much maintence you want to do. Going to take alot of light to get through 36" of water. Either halides or a couple of high end 72" t5 units if you want corals all the way down.

thenewone
06/01/2010, 12:52 PM
I'm setting up a tyank that's 65 36 36 and I'm going to use 4 400 metal halides to grow my corals

sedor
06/01/2010, 12:58 PM
I would go full blown reef. There are soooo many more options and you can literally buy livestock forever! Once you get into keeping a reef you will probably be more into coral than fish even, I know its hard to believe. Don't get me wrong, its a lot more difficult than a FOWLR. You have to keep your parameters in check and keep your water nice and clean, but once you get the hang of it, its like anything else...

dericcanderson
06/01/2010, 04:35 PM
I would go full blown reef. There are soooo many more options and you can literally buy livestock forever! Once you get into keeping a reef you will probably be more into coral than fish even, I know its hard to believe. Don't get me wrong, its a lot more difficult than a FOWLR. You have to keep your parameters in check and keep your water nice and clean, but once you get the hang of it, its like anything else...

Definately like ur answer I think that's what I'm a do do u know anywhere I can get cheap halides???

dericcanderson
06/01/2010, 04:36 PM
ahh 36" tall is hard to work with do an anename and clown tank

I like this idea but the full blown reef idea would b great for me