PDA

View Full Version : pteroides

victor escobar
06/01/2010, 03:59 AM
This kind of sea pen is starting to be imported to the Sapnish shops, I've gotten one of them after some time of experience with coverdularia obessa. The fact is that the coverdulario is going OK disapearing on the sand by night and feeding correctly (I can see the food entering the polips and enside them).

The question is that the pteroides does nos completely burrows on the sand, only the foot and whenever it wants. I do not know wheter those cretures fully disapear on the sand or only deflates and keep partialy visible on the sand. The real question is ralted to the depth of sand needed to keep them. This animal has a spicule about 7 cm long (as the coverdularia obessa) and my sand bed in something like 12 cm. I do not know if anybody has gotten some experience with sea pens and in particular with pteroides,

Sorry for my english

victor escobar
06/08/2010, 04:17 AM
No information on sea pens?

InsaneClownFish
06/08/2010, 01:57 PM
I'm not that experienced with them, but I do know their flow requirements are very particular. I think your question is whether you have a sufficient sand bed to keep this animal, and my instinct says yes.

Try checking on wetwebmedia.com for some specifics on pteroides.

InsaneClownFish
06/08/2010, 02:00 PM
Try looking here:

http://wetwebmedia.com/seapenfaqs.htm

oldreefer76
06/08/2010, 08:04 PM
Try posting your ? in The Non Photo Coral forum here on RC there have been some sea pen posts over there