PDA

View Full Version : sump in a BIOCUBE 29.......

MPevine11
06/02/2010, 07:52 PM
looking to get a refugium/sump in my 29 gallon biocube stand........

my only worries right now are:
if the power goes out how do i stop the water from over fulling all over and emptying my tank out onto my floor.........
the tank is already set up and i cant drill it.......

any help is great!

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy7/Racoon11/FUGEdesign.jpg

Fishinfool
06/05/2010, 10:55 PM
As long as your outlet in your tank is not down too low the sump won't fill up very much. It won't take much out of the basket on the overflow either. If your utube is lower than the PVC for your sump return the utube will always stay primed. I hooked up two utubes for more flow with aqua lifter pumps attached to the top of the utubes just for a extra safety measure. My sump never overflows when I lose power and my utubes always stay primed for when the power comes on and keeps from flooding my display.

fish77
06/06/2010, 07:43 PM
I am currently making a sump for my 29 gallon biocube stand.I am doing this when my tank is set up.Drilling the back left chamber and draining to the sump.Returning by connecting to stock power head.

Fishinfool
06/06/2010, 09:31 PM
I am currently making a sump for my 29 gallon biocube stand.I am doing this when my tank is set up.Drilling the back left chamber and draining to the sump.Returning by connecting to stock power head.

I know drilling is the way to go, but I didn't have anywhere to put my stock if I screwed up:)

fish77
06/07/2010, 04:11 PM
well a sump is better than no sump!! :)

Fishinfool
06/07/2010, 10:21 PM
well a sump is better than no sump!! :)

Very true!