PDA

View Full Version : Added some new fish, some strange behavior

coolingeffect
06/04/2010, 01:44 AM
I got a yellow and a blue tang that have been living together for approx 2.5 years and a bangaii cardinal. Upon release into the tank both tangs hid for about 15 minutes then went to picking at live rock and asserting their dominance over the little damsel and clown that are in the tank. I wasnt sure if the cardinal had made it as he dissapeared for about 24 hours and finally reappeared to eat and since has been just fine, slowly patrolling the liverock and eating at feeding time. The yellow and the cardinal found holes they like for nighttime but the blue wedges himself between the intake tube for my hob fuge and hangs out there when lights go out. Other then this little quirk he seems to be doing awesome and eating his weight in algae about every 30 minutes it seems. Should his sleepspot concern me or should i just leave it alone and let him sleep in a weird spot? Theres plenty of suitable caves he just seems to like that spot.

snorvich
06/04/2010, 04:28 AM
Leave it alone. Would you like it if HE change YOUR sleep spot?

Levito
06/04/2010, 07:03 AM
lol@snorvich

He's right though. If the fish is acting normal, but just chose an odd place to sleep, it doesn't sound like a problem. Your fish doesn't know it's an intake valve, just that it's a place it feels comfortable and safe sleeping in at night.

AngelAddict
06/04/2010, 07:16 AM
My old hippo used to wedge himself behind the same koralia powerhead every night, made it easy to get him out! Perfectly normal behavior.

coolingeffect
06/04/2010, 10:28 AM
thanks guys, i was mainly wondering if it was stress related....it reminds me of seeing fish tucked into the corner in the fish store. Ill leave him alone.