PDA

View Full Version : How do you disassemble a biocube 29 water pump in the filter??? Please reply fast

luconi
06/07/2010, 10:37 AM
I am trying to do maintenance and clean the water pump which takes the water from the wet/dry filter in the back and shoots it back into the main tank, but the directions on how to disassemble it are so vague I can't figure it out! Please reply quickly! Thank you!

sslak
06/07/2010, 11:54 AM
I never had the original pump....did you take it out of the tank yet?

There is an elbow on the opposite side of the false wall from where your water gets pumped back into the display tank.

If you just gently twist and pull at that elbow it comes right off and you can lift the pump out of the rear chamber by the tube that it is attached to.

luconi
06/07/2010, 12:00 PM
I never had the original pump....did you take it out of the tank yet?

There is an elbow on the opposite side of the false wall from where your water gets pumped back into the display tank.

If you just gently twist and pull at that elbow it comes right off and you can lift the pump out of the rear chamber by the tube that it is attached to.

I got that far.. But it shows how to clean the propeller in the motor and other parts in that area, but I don't know how to take it apart correctly and I don't want to break it. Thanks for the answer though.

RedRain5
06/08/2010, 11:56 AM
I just got one it's easy the little plastic part over the impeller just twists off & you can pull the whole assembly out just turn it to the left. It's actually harder to get back on then off. Make sure it's all lined up do you don't break the ceramic shaft when you put it back.

luconi
06/08/2010, 12:23 PM
Where exactly does it twist off. I don't really know where I should be twisting. Is it the circular thing near the front (away from the cord)?

RedRain5
06/08/2010, 07:00 PM
The circular part that sticks out on the front intake. The part where the impeller is that's the part that twist off. Where it sticks out & where the water is sucked in. Just keep twisting till you find it just not around the cord (don't twist/ pull the cord) should be the only part that comes off. It's tight so you may have to twist hard. Don't be afraid of hurting the pump they are tougher than you think play around with it. I do every time I get a new one. I mess with it till I figure out how it comes apart to clean before I ever start using it
The only part I'd be worried about breaking is the impeller shaft as it is ceramic just don 't drop it & make sure its lined up when you put it back.

most pumps of that type are rather similar find where the water goes in, the impeller is in there & some part around it usually twists/pulls off. Then you pull out the impeller assembly to clean it.

luconi
06/08/2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks! I'll try that sometime soon probably