PDA

View Full Version : Clown on the way out

JettStorm
06/08/2010, 07:04 PM
I have a 12 gal nano-CUC, sexy shrimp, pom pom crab, 5 corals and a juvenile pair of false percs. One has been harassing the life (so I thought) out of the other. Well, the harasser is about dead. She has been acting weird all afternoon, and now is on the bottom, barely breathing.

Added a new return today, but thats all.

Tank is 2+ months old, used fully cured/established live rock and sand.

Params are fine.

PH-8.2
Ammonia-0
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0

Got the 2 percs the same day--have been doing great. They are ORA from a great LFS.

Just wondering if this is normal, where one just decides that's it-party over?

All my other inhabitants are doing great.

Any insight would be great.
Thx

clowns101
06/08/2010, 07:36 PM
By chance both clowns are female?

JettStorm
06/08/2010, 07:43 PM
Thought they were still too young. I don't know enough about them.

It's odd that the one that was being chased and harassed for days, is the one swimming around-the aggressive one is the one that is almost gone.

clowns101
06/08/2010, 07:47 PM
How big are they?

JettStorm
06/08/2010, 07:51 PM
1-1/4-1/2" max-the "goner" is/was a little bigger

clowns101
06/08/2010, 08:42 PM
Probobly both male.Sounds like the larger one is stressed out quite a bit.

rkelman
06/09/2010, 04:06 PM
Sometimes you just get a mean one. Remove one of them so it can recover in peace. It may recover. When they get really stressed they can look like they are dying.

JettStorm
06/09/2010, 08:43 PM
Well he/she is gone-kinda figured.

Here is the strange part. The bigger one (FEMALE?) harassed the smaller one (MALE) for several days. Then yesterday, the "Female" just looked bad, not really swimming, then hanging out on the back wall-just bad.

NOW this is crazy-the female swam over to the hangout they shared. The male grabbed the female by the tail and swung her in circles for about a good 6-7 full 360 degree spins-then she got the message and took off.

Payback??????

First salt tank, and just curious about this strange situation.