bullitr
06/09/2010, 09:53 AM
the controller light never turns on
how can i fixed it?
thanks
my wavebox is currently controlled my neptune apex variable speed

rvitko
06/09/2010, 11:28 AM
Does the pump work when the controller is disconnected? It could be pump power supply or driver is dead so the controller is not getting power, or it could a controller problem. If the pump works without a controller we know it is just the controller.

bullitr
06/09/2010, 02:18 PM
Does the pump work when the controller is disconnected? It could be pump power supply or driver is dead so the controller is not getting power, or it could a controller problem. If the pump works without a controller we know it is just the controller.

the pump work with neptune apex controller

rvitko
06/09/2010, 04:27 PM
Send in the controller, sometimes it is just a bad cable, have you tried the slave cable?

bullitr
06/11/2010, 12:30 AM
the slave cable works

rvitko
06/11/2010, 07:59 AM
It is just a bad cable, send it in, we unsolder the old one and solder in a new one.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

orthokardia
06/21/2010, 03:04 PM
I bought this wavebox from Lawrence so I am going to hijack his thread. A couple of questions. My tank is 300g 6'x32"x32".
1. how to "tune" the wave? i had it up to about 3/4" at one time then I moved a return and the wave is gone:(
2. the manual says the wave box should be a supplement to the flow. what does this mean and what other flow do you recommend?

thx,
-bart

rvitko
06/21/2010, 04:14 PM
1) When you reach the maximum height single wave you have it properly tuned, it should crest on one side and trough on the other, this can take a couple hours of slowly turning the knob to find, 3/4" to 1.25" is about the height I would expect as maximum depending on rock layout and overflows. It will probably be somewhere between 12- and 2 oclock.

2) The wavebox creates a non directional flow and should be supplemented with directional flow from a closed loop or Streams or a similar high flow directional source.

orthokardia
06/22/2010, 02:06 PM
I think the controller/power supply/other box has a problem. Is there a service center I could send it? What would I need to send??

-bart

rvitko
06/22/2010, 03:01 PM
Could you better explain what is wrong? Not being able to tune a wave is not a technical issue I can solve. I can fix a broken pump, controller, or power supply but if it is working as it did in your last post, this isn't something I can fix. It comes down to tank layout, dimensions, position of overflows and patience in tuning and set up. The wavebox does take a fair amount of patience to get tuned, it can take 2-4 hours of tweaking the knob to get the maximum wave and if you have corner overflows and live rock on the side walls of the tank, 3/4" wave height may be the best that is possible.

orthokardia
06/22/2010, 05:02 PM
the cord going into the round hockey puck looking thing is loose and there are exposed wires. depending in just how it sits it will "turn on" or not. also the master cable does not work. i am using the slave as recommended your earlier post.

-bart

rvitko
06/23/2010, 08:42 AM
Sorry I was under the impression the transformer was replaced and the controller repaired. This wavebox is past warranty so there would be a charge for a new transformer and a controller repair or replacement. Worst case scenario if we went with a good used power supply and the controller had to be replaced it would cost around $140. It sounds like we can just replace the controller cable which would make the total around $60 including return shipping. The model you describe went out of production in June of 2007.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

orthokardia
06/23/2010, 12:12 PM
Pls PM me a phone number so we can talk........forums lack bandwidth for communication:)

rvitko
06/23/2010, 01:29 PM
512-833-7546.