PDA

View Full Version : Details of our RENEW™ Automatic Water Change System

GenesisReefSys
06/10/2010, 12:24 PM
Hello All,

I wanted to take a little time to introduce the RENEW™ Automatic Water Change System (http://www.genesisreefsystems.com/categories.php?cat=7) and its operation to anyone who may not be familiar with it. If you have any questions about the system, please feel free to contact us here through the forum or through our contact page.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/RENEW/RENEW-Advanced-500x375-White.jpg

The RENEW™ Automatic Water Change System consists of three major components: the Control Module and two Metering Reservoirs. Additionally, two small pumps are placed in the aquarium sump and the mixing bin to supply water to the Metering Reservoirs. Let’s first take a look at the Control Module.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/RENEW/Renew-500x375-Style1.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/RENEW/RENEW-Control-Isometric-500x375.jpg

The Control Module is the nerve center of the RENEW™. This is where the user tells the system how many gallons of water to exchange and how long to take to perform the change. The Control Module also provides information to the user, such as the number of gallons that have already been changed, the states of various water levels, and what stage of an exchange the RENEW™ is performing. The Control Module also alerts the user to any problems that the RENEW™ may have encountered during the water change sequence, such as a low water level in the mixing bin or sump.

As you can see in the pictures above, there are four buttons, a power switch, a numeric display, and several LED indicators on the face of the Control Module. Our goal was to make the user interface as intuitive as possible. The button on the left allows the user to set whether to perform the water change over the course of a day, a week, or as quickly as possible. The two buttons on the right simply adjust the number of gallons that the user would like to change. The center yellow button is the “GO!” button. It also is used to pause, cancel, or resume a water change. It’s actually the only button used for a water change. When initially depressed, it will start the water change. A second momentary press of the button will pause it, and a third momentary press will resume the water change. Pressing and holding the yellow button for three seconds will cancel the water change sequence, and pressing and holding for five seconds will cancel a sequence and order the system to empty the contents of the Metering Reservoirs. As you can see, it is straightforward and intuitive to interact with the RENEW™: simply set the number of gallons to change, set the duration, and press the yellow button. The RENEW™ then goes to work.

Taking a look at the bottom surface of the Control Module there are two AC outlets for the pumps. Also present, although hidden from view, are five receptacles for cables from the Metering Reservoirs, Level Sensors (optional or included with the Advanced and Pro models), and a communication cable that connects to the STORM™ Specialized Top Off and Replenishment Module if present. The STORM™ is outside the scope of this thread, but briefly, it is an automatic top off device that was designed to interact with the RENEW™ - it can discern whether water is being intentionally removed by the RENEW™ for a water change or whether it has evaporated. It will not attempt to top off with fresh water if the RENEW™ has removed the water from your sump.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/RENEW/Reservoir-500x667-Style1.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/RENEW/Reservoir-Bottom-500.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/RENEW/006-Reservoir-Top.jpg

The Metering Reservoirs are mounted to a solid surface above your sump and mixing bin. They receive the water from these sources and ensure that exact amounts are exchanged. Within the Metering Reservoirs, level sensors allow the Control Module to monitor the RENEW’s™ operation. There are two level sensors in each of the Pro model’s Metering Reservoirs, and one in each of the Basic and Advanced models’ reservoirs.

As mentioned above, there are three models of the RENEW™ Automatic Water Change System: the Basic, Advanced, and Pro. The Basic model comes with the Control Module, Metering Reservoirs, two flow control valves, and all necessary mounting hardware. Simply add two pumps and tubing and you can start enjoying the benefits of automatic water changes right away. The Advanced model adds two Level Sensors to protect your pumps and other equipment from running dry, plus two of our unique Level Sensor Mounting Assemblies that adjust to tank lips from ˝” to 2-1/4” wide and provide infinite sensor height adjustability within the tank or bin. Finally, the RENEW™ Pro includes additional Level Sensors within the Metering Reservoirs, increasing redundancy and expanding the Control Module’s capabilities. These additional sensors allow the Control Module to speed up the water change cycles and to make sure that the system is behaving exactly as intended.

There are many, many reasons for doing water frequent water changes. But why might you want the RENEW™ Automatic Water Change System? Here are just a few reasons:

1. Numerous small water changes eliminate large temperature, salinity, and pH fluctuations, among other parameter swings. Large “all-at-once” water changes can severely stress the inhabitants of your aquarium with parameter swings and the influx of raw trace elements and minerals!
2. Organic waste doesn’t have time to be metabolized in the aquarium, so less organic material goes through the nitrogen cycle and ends up as nitrate or other organic compounds in the aquarium.
3. Trace elements and minerals are added as they are depleted, so there is a more uniform concentration of the elements over time.
4. It isn’t necessary to turn off any of your other equipment – skimmers, reactors, filters, pumps, sterilizers – they all stay on, all the time.
5. Your corals and other critters aren’t exposed to air and possibly intense lighting, both of which can quickly damage the fragile tissues of many corals. Additionally, the toxins they exude to protect themselves are not produced.

Those are some of the benefits to your aquarium, now how about some of the benefits to you?

6. No more lifting heavy buckets. Your back will thank you.
7. No more dripping or spilling water all over the floor. Your spouse will thank you.
8. More time to do other important things! Whether it’s time spent enjoying your aquarium, cleaning skimmers, or time spent with your family – you’ll have more
time to do it.
9. You can enjoy the peace of mind that the RENEW’s™ redundancy provides.
10. Hey, it’s easy to do a water change now, so it’s more likely to get done! You’ll enjoy the benefits of a healthier, more stable aquarium.

Please visit our website Genesis Reef Systems (http://www.GenesisReefSystems.com) to learn more about the RENEW™ and options, including money-saving bundles. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us here through the forum or through our contact page.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Aquabacs
06/12/2010, 08:21 AM
Do you have any viseos or animations of the the system working that you can put up and share with us?

Thanks

Mike

GenesisReefSys
06/12/2010, 10:06 AM
Hello Mike,

Thanks for your interest in the RENEW™.

Unfortunately we don't have any videos or animations that are "web ready." However, give me a few minutes and I'll post some images of an installed system, and that should help make sense of its operation. You can always post any questions you still have here on Reef Central, or you can certainly give us a call at the number on our site's contact page.

Thanks,
Kevin

GenesisReefSys
06/12/2010, 10:23 AM
Here we go. This is on a smaller reef system, and the owner decided to place her equipment in a small room under the stairs adjacent to her aquarium. She used to wheel out a couple bins to her aquarium, remove the water from her tank with a siphon into one bin (she says it's the one in the background, and it's just taking up space now since she doesn't use it anymore), and then use a pitcher, or occasionally a pump, to add the new water back into her tank. She says she's so thankful she doesn't have to do that anymore.

I've added captions with descriptions to help provide detail.

Here's the room where the RENEW™ Pro and STORM™ Pro are located. The mixing bin is in the foreground, and the top off bin is the black bin behind it. The Metering Reservoirs are mounted to the studs, and the Control Modules are obviously mounted to a landing on the stairs. The Metering Reservoir closest to the camera is the waste reservoir, and its output goes to a drain that is not in the frame. The other Metering Reservoir is for the replacement water. By the way, the Control Modules look really small there - it's an optical illusion I guess due to distance from the camera.
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/Setups/AutomationSetup001.jpg

Control Modules and ROCv™
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/Setups/AutomationSetup017.jpg

Mixing bin, showing the Level Sensor Hanger Assembly
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/Setups/AutomationSetup006.jpg

Top off bin and pump for the STORM™. The ROCv™ automatically refills the top off bin (you can see the Sensor Hanger and Shrouds), but she does use a float valve as a back up - something we recommend for any connection to a continuous water supply. In this manner, she has three layers of redundancy - the ROCv™ Max sensor, the failsafe sensor, and the float valve. She'll never have a flood! Which actually brings up a good point: the ROCv™ itself adds redundancy, since in the event of a power outage it automatically shuts off the reverse osmosis filter's supply to the top off bin and mixing bin (there's also a float valve in the mixing bin so she can automatically refill it without fear of it overflowing)
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/Setups/AutomationSetup011.jpg

Metering Reservoirs and the hole through the wall to her aquarium
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/Setups/AutomationSetup015-1.jpg

The tubes going into her sump. I asked about the mesh bag and she said she put some pieces of foam in it to keep the water from stirring up debris from some live rock there. The foam would also prevent any potential splashing noise, but I don't know if that was a consideration for her or not.
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/Setups/AutomationSetup010.jpg

Here's the general overview of operation:
1. The RENEW™ Control Module's Start button is depressed and the RENEW™ starts the water change sequence of the specified number of gallons.
2. The two pumps plugged into the RENEW Control Module fill the Metering Reservoirs.
3. When the Metering Reservoirs have metered exactly one gallon of water, the contents are then dispensed: replacement water into the sump, "dirty" water to a waste drain or receptacle.
4. The RENEW™ then repeats according to the number of gallons and the user-specified timeframe: continuous, over the course of a day, or over the course of a week.
5. When used with the STORM™ automatic top off system, the STORM™ knows not to replace water intentionally removed by the RENEW with fresh water.
6. The two systems monitor their own operation and flag any unusual conditions, communicating them to the user so they may be addressed before proceeding, preventing any mishaps and providing peace of mind for the user.

Hopefully this helps!
Kevin

Aquabacs
06/12/2010, 08:26 PM
Thank you Kevin for posting up the pictures. You can get a better idea of the system this way and the actual sizes of the components it comprises of.

Mike

GenesisReefSys
06/13/2010, 07:57 AM
No problem, Mike!

Just an idea of size: the metering reservoirs are approximately 10"x8"x8", roughly the size of a 1 gallon milk jug, maybe just a bit larger. The control modules are 6"4"x3", about the same as an average sized alarm clock. Some of the pictures are a little misleading due to perspective.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!

Kevin

uztaryn
06/15/2010, 07:47 PM
so how do you achive the correct salinity? does it just swap water for fresh water and not mix in the salt?

I am very interested in one of these systems if it mixes salt in.

GenesisReefSys
06/15/2010, 07:54 PM
Hello uztaryn,

Thanks for your interest in the RENEW™!

The RENEW™ doesn't actually mix the salt in. It uses your premixed / aged replacement water; simply adjust your salinity to the desired level, and then press the button to start the water change - the RENEW™ will do the rest!

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Kevin

sseaner
07/11/2010, 11:38 PM
Do you have any pictures of the inside of the reservoirs? I downloaded the instructions from your website. I was trying to figure how the system worked and if I could make it work on my tank. Why does the waste reservoir have a line going back to the sump and the salt reservoir have a line going back to the salt tank? What is the max distance the reservoirs can be from the sump?

GenesisReefSys
07/12/2010, 05:03 AM
Hello sseaner,

Thanks for your interest!

The tubes that return from the metering reservoirs to the source (we call them loopback tubes) are there primarily for redundancy. There is a level sensor inside each metering reservoir that tells the system when the reservoir has just over a gallon inside. In the unlikely event that the level sensor failed, the loopback tubes prevent an overflow by allowing the water to return right back into the source. During normal operation they also allow a small amount of "extra" water to flow back into the source during the metering stage, so that exactly one gallon of water is metered and removed from the source.

The maximum distance from your sump to your metering reservoirs is usually determined by the pump(s) you choose. The metering reservoirs can be placed pretty much any distance from the source as long as the pump you select is capable of delivering at least one gallon per minute to the reservoirs. A common method of acheiving a significant distance or mounting height is to use a larger capacity pump and utilize the included flow control valves to limit the flow to approximately 1 gpm. The only other stipulation to mounting location is that the reservoirs must be mounted higher than the top of the sump or waste receptacle (drain), since they dispense with gravity.

The final factor to determining maximum mounting distance is the length of the cord on the selected pump. The pump plugs into the control module, as does the metering reservoir. The metering reservoir can be located up to six feet away from the control module. Therefore, the length of the cord on the pump can be added to this six feet to get an approximate maximum distance that the reservoirs can be mounted from your sump.

I hope that answered your questions; it sounds more complex than it really is. We don't have any stock photos of the inside of a metering reservoir; if I haven't explained it well enough above just let me know and I'll be happy to snap an image and get it to you later today.

Thanks again, and have a great day.

Kevin

sseaner
07/12/2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info. The system will not work for me. The reservoirs would have to go in my attic. My mixing tank is in the garage so the distance between all the elments would not work. I guess its back to DIY.

GenesisReefSys
07/12/2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks, sseaner. Too bad it doesn't seem that a stock system will work out for you, but if there's anything we can do to help with your project, please don't hesitate to shoot us an email or give us a call!

dnyce78
08/03/2010, 08:50 PM
Hi Kevin, I'm missing one thing here. How does water get into the Replacement/Mixing bin? The diagrams seem obvious in the case of the Top off bin but I'm missing something with regard to the replacement/mixing bin. Perhaps you can shed some light on this for me. As many details/pictures as possible would be great :). Thanks!

GenesisReefSys
08/04/2010, 06:40 AM
Hello dnyce78,

The water can be added to the mixing bin in much the same way: the output from an RO filter can be plumbed to the mixing bin and a float valve. We always recommend using a float valve on the output of an RO filter (or any endless source of water!), even if it is redundant, since it is such an inexpensive and reliable safeguard against flooding. Additionally, it is a convenient way to affix the tubing to your receptacle so it doesn't slip out and cause a mess on the floor.

Once the mixing bin is full, the salt can be mixed in and the pH allowed to stabilize until ready to perform the water change.

Several customers have asked how to use the ROCv™ to fill both their top off bin and their mixing bin. The simplest way to do this is to install a T-connector and two 1/4-turn valves on the RO output, with one valve controlling the flow to each bin. You can fill each bin individually by closing the valve to the other all the way (relying on the float valve when filling the mixing bin). Another method that fills both bins (mixing bin first, top off bin second) is to open the valve to the mixing bin all the way, and partially close the valve to the top off bin, then turn the ROCv™ on. The water will flow through the path of least resistance, which will be to the mixing bin first. When the mixing bin is full, the float valve will stop the flow of water to the mixing bin and the water will then fill the top off bin until the ROCv™ senses that it is full and stops the flow of water to your RO filter. Then, when mixing your salt in, simply close the valve to your mixing bin and fully open the valve to your top off bin.

Borrowing the picture of the installed system above, you can pretty well see the setup for this. I've annotated the pic to make it as clear as possible. If you still need more, please let me know and I can either sketch a diagram up or get some better pictures.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/GenesisReefSys/Setups/AnnotatedROCvOutput2Bins.jpg

strendo
08/15/2010, 06:58 PM
I just started a post with my experience with the system:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17516413#post17516413

Steve-H
08/15/2010, 07:17 PM
Gotta say...This is pretty cool - and makes sense on a lot of levels....Once I upgrade to a larger tank where it makes sense; Im in.

Jay Fortay
09/07/2010, 05:18 PM
Hi Kevin,
Your systems are very intriguing. Thank you for all of your information and clear explanations. What type of maintenance is required on all parts of the system, but most importantly the metering devices?

GenesisReefSys
09/07/2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Kevin,
What type of maintenance is required on all parts of the system, but most importantly the metering devices?

Hello Jay,

Aside from an occasional wipedown with a slightly damp rag, there is very little maintenance necessary on the RENEW system; of course it is important to ensure that your pumps' filter screens are not clogged. The metering reservoirs don't require much maintenance, but periodically making sure that the inlet, outlet, and loopback orifices are free of obstructions is a good idea. An occasional check of the level sensors can also be beneficial.

One of the benefits of the RENEW system is that relatively inexpensive off-the-shelf pumps can be used to transfer the water. Therefore, parts or replacements are easily obtained and typically won't cost a lot if pump maintenance does become necessary.

I hope I've answered your question fully, but if you have more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kevin

cubsare1
09/25/2010, 12:28 AM
Can this be set up to do the water changes automatically, without pushing the button everytime? Or do I just set it to say 30 gallons and the length of time to 30 days for a gallon a day (as long as there is 30 gallons of fresh saltwater) and push the button once?
Thanks for your time
Dave

rsuplido
09/25/2010, 02:29 AM
It looks like you can set it to daily, weekly, or continuous -- a gallon a time. So let's say, you can set it to 24 gallons per day (changes a gallon every hour), or 30 gallons per week (changes a gallon every 5.6 hours).

What I'm wondering about is the continuous mode. It says on the manual that if you specify 15 gallons on continuous mode, it will change 15 one-gallon changes one after the other. So what's the difference of setting it to 1 gallon on continuous, which basically does a gallon change, one after the other? No difference right?

Thanks.

GenesisReefSys
09/25/2010, 06:11 AM
Hello cubs,

You only have to press the button once per water change sequence. So, if you set the RENEW™ to change 30 gallons in "Day" mode, you'll simply press the start button once and the system will automatically perform 30 1-gallon water changes over the course of one day.

Rsup, "Continuous" mode will perform the number of 1-gallon water changes one after the other until it has reached the specified volume. For instance, if you set the RENEW™ to change 15 gallons, it will perform 15 1-gallon water changes without spacing them over the course of a day or a week. This is useful for more rapid water changes, either out of convenience to you or due to emergency.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions! That's what I'm here for!

Have a great day,
Kevin

apayan
07/28/2011, 01:10 AM
Just saw this product and have been reading about it for the past hour. Seems like a great system. Definitely will be on my next larger tank :)

Aaarrrggg
10/18/2011, 02:54 PM
Hey that's my avatar apayan! :P

Well I've been very interested in this too. My big problem is how far the reservoirs would have to be from the tank. I have a great "fish cupboard" that would make a perfect water storage area. Would something like this be possible with your system? (The tank in question is the unlit 144g semi circle in the background... ignore the lit up nano on the left)

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/TheAaarrrggg/house.jpg
(For scale, the 144g tank is 57.5" wide)

Any advice you can give we on getting this to work with your system would be v much appreciated. :D

GenesisReefSys
10/18/2011, 05:12 PM
Just saw this product and have been reading about it for the past hour. Seems like a great system. Definitely will be on my next larger tank :)

Thanks, apayan! We'll be happy to get you all set up when you get your new tank. If you have any questions please just get in touch with us via our contact page at www.GenesisReefSystems.com

Kevin

GenesisReefSys
10/18/2011, 05:13 PM
Hello Aaarrrggg,

That's an interesting one. The short answer is "probably," but it's going to take a bit of creative plumbing since you're going to jump the doorway. It would be good to know a bit more about the particulars of your setup, so I'll send you a PM.

Thanks for the question!
Kevin

lilchris
10/24/2011, 07:33 AM
I have a question about the operation of the system. Once the Renew starts the water change does it take out the specific amount of old water (for conversation 10 gls) before it starts to add the new water to the tank? Or does it take out 1 gallon of old water then add 1 gallon NSW until it reaches the 10 gallons?

GenesisReefSys
10/24/2011, 07:38 AM
I have a question about the operation of the system. Once the Renew starts the water change does it take out the specific amount of old water (for conversation 10 gls) before it starts to add the new water to the tank? Or does it take out 1 gallon of old water then add 1 gallon NSW until it reaches the 10 gallons?

Hi lilchris, the RENEW™ removes 1 gallon of old water and then adds 1 gallon of new salt water, then repeats until the number of gallons desired have been exchanged.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Kevin

lemkerailroad1
11/01/2013, 08:12 AM
I see this is a old thread and all and want to bring it back up to find out how the systems are holding up and how has the long term maintenance been

I see that genesis reef is not to far from me, is their a showroom that I may be able to come and look at this equiptment as I am very interested in this product

GenesisReefSys
11/01/2013, 03:10 PM
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we don't have a showroom or retail location.

I can tell you that the systems are quite reliable - but I think it would be best for you to hear that straight from customers' mouths! Hopefully some will chime in soon.

You can also take a look at various threads here and elsewhere. We definitely stand behind our systems and understand that customer satisfaction is paramount. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great evening,
Kevin

lemkerailroad1
11/02/2013, 07:55 AM
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we don't have a showroom or retail location.

I can tell you that the systems are quite reliable - but I think it would be best for you to hear that straight from customers' mouths! Hopefully some will chime in soon.

You can also take a look at various threads here and elsewhere. We definitely stand behind our systems and understand that customer satisfaction is paramount. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great evening,
Kevin

thanks kevin

I was hopeing you had a showroom....darn!!!!!!
I am old fashioned and like to look at what im purchaseing and see how it works, maybe someone in sw ohio has one and could allow me to look at this and physicaly see it working, sorry im a little old school that way

GenesisReefSys
11/02/2013, 08:10 AM
Hi Dave,

Not a problem and I fully understand. Do you ever visit Gerber's?

Kevin

cubsare1
11/02/2013, 10:03 PM
Do you plan on having them back in stock soon?

GenesisReefSys
11/03/2013, 05:59 AM
Hi Cubsare1,

We expect to resume shipping on November 4th or 5th at the latest. If you wish, we can send an email to you as soon as we are ready to ship. Just send us an email through our website and let us know you'd like a notification.

Have a great day,
Kevin

lemkerailroad1
11/04/2013, 08:07 AM
Hi Dave,

Not a problem and I fully understand. Do you ever visit Gerber's?

Kevin

I usually go on sunday , but havnt gone in awhile being john has not been there

do they have one in stack or are they using the product????

monkiboy
11/04/2013, 09:59 AM
i've had the pro system for a couple years and it's been wonderful. kevin @ genesis provides amazing customer support promptly and without fail every time. he is the cherry on top because being new to the system i had a few questions after setup and he was able to confirm what i had done and put me at ease. it's definitely a bit time consuming at first setting it up as there are a lot of cords and tubing to make neat and to figure out best way to route things but you only have to do it once and you're hands off other than pushing a button. i do wish there were more upgrades or other options. like i would prefer pressure-switch sensors or optical sensors over the float valves and assmeblys. i would also like to see magnetic holders with suction for the sensors to rid the system of the pvc holder assemblies. few things like that. one could probably easily DIY these things, as well. i love the automation and how easy maintenance becomes for this usually most annoying ritual we need to accomplish. i can confidently say the system makes me a much better and successful reefer. thanks again kevin for all the support over the years and this awesome solution!

edit: there are a few videos on youtube of this system as well for folks that need to see this in motion. i did a whole unpackaging videos a couple years ago and videos of it operating as well. it really is neat to watch even after years of owning one.

MrineLfRlz
12/23/2013, 04:02 PM
My avg internet protection wont alow me to go to your site?
It says there is multiple threats.

GenesisReefSys
12/24/2013, 06:31 AM
Hi Jim,

Everything seems to look good here and we haven't received any other complaints - have you tried a different browser?

Kevin

bnumair
12/26/2013, 03:44 AM
i got the same virus error. here is a pic. using chrome browser and internet explorer.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/bnumair/Untitled_zpsbf8dc17e.png

MrineLfRlz
12/26/2013, 11:47 AM
i got the same virus error. here is a pic. using chrome browser and internet explorer.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/bnumair/Untitled_zpsbf8dc17e.png
Thats exactly what i got!

GenesisReefSys
12/27/2013, 05:11 AM
?!

Sorry about that! Are you still seeing the issue? Our web designer has completely restored the site and she cannot replicate the issue, so I think we're good.

Please know that the secure side of the site was not affected in any manner. These spam attacks are relentless and somehow (way over my head) this particular spam "post" stuck. You'll sometimes see similar ones show up here or in other forums or even in product listings on major sites like amazon.

I apologize for this. Please send me a PM if you continue to experience anything like this.

Thank you for letting us know!
Kevin

MrineLfRlz
12/27/2013, 03:16 PM
?!

Sorry about that! Are you still seeing the issue? Our web designer has completely restored the site and she cannot replicate the issue, so I think we're good.

Please know that the secure side of the site was not affected in any manner. These spam attacks are relentless and somehow (way over my head) this particular spam "post" stuck. You'll sometimes see similar ones show up here or in other forums or even in product listings on major sites like amazon.

I apologize for this. Please send me a PM if you continue to experience anything like this.

Thank you for letting us know!
Kevin
It works now thank you for fixing the problem:)

Mpek
01/20/2014, 05:10 PM
Hey Kevin, I was wondering if the system knows if there isn't any water in the saltwater tote. You know...just in case I forget to fill it up. Will it still remove one gallon of water or will it sense that it's empty and not perform the water change at all.

bnumair
01/20/2014, 07:33 PM
i think the basic bundle does not but i could be wrong but in pro package it comes with high and low sensors on saltwater tote and rodi tote.
Renew will automatically shut the water change as soon as low saltwater tote is detected and likewise rvoc will turn the rodi unit on when low rodi water is detected in tote and fill it to max high sensor and shut off.
I will let kevin clarify on which package.............

GenesisReefSys
01/21/2014, 06:37 AM
Hey Kevin, I was wondering if the system knows if there isn't any water in the saltwater tote. You know...just in case I forget to fill it up. Will it still remove one gallon of water or will it sense that it's empty and not perform the water change at all.

Hey Mpek,

The RENEW™ Pro includes sensors that are placed in your sump and in the mixing bin as bnumair indicated. The RENEW™ will suspend operation if the water level ever drops to either of these sensors, and will flash to let you know you need to mix new salt water. Once you've mixed new water and have allowed the parameters to stabilize, just press the yellow "Start" button and it will resume water changes until the next time it needs to be replenished.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Kevin

Mpek
01/21/2014, 11:13 AM
Nice! So, when are you having a sale? lol