PDA

View Full Version : pairing B&W Ocellaris

palmer373
06/14/2010, 10:43 PM
i just bought a B&W ocellaris to put in my 75 FOWLR along with a yellow tang, 3 chromis, six-line wrasse, lawnmower blenny, yellow watchman goby and a royal gramma. i plan on putting a flame angel in there later when i can move a few frags i have in there for holding until my reef is up. i wanted to get another B&W ocellaris when this guy grows up cause he is about an inch long. i was curious how hard is it to pair the 2 B&W ocellaris'. could i just let mine grow to like 2 or 2 1/2 inches and get a small 1 inch one and let them pair up on their own? im in no rush to pair them so im starting research now.

thanks for the help

Slim_jim989
06/14/2010, 10:57 PM
They way I did it for my two B&W ocellaris clowns is I got them when they were both 1 inch, and kept them in qt for a couple weeks and now there happy together. But for your instance I would get one and then when that one grows a little bigger get another small one. If you could catch the one in your tank and the add them to your sump together for a little bit and then add them both to the tank at the same time.

aquaph8
06/14/2010, 11:17 PM
You can do either. Either add two small juveniles at the same time and one will grow bigger than the other and the big one is the female.(easiest IME) Or you could wait and do as you described and they will probably be ok. You could always use one of those small plastic tanks and kinda seperate them for a while and let em get used to each other and slowly introduce the small one to better your chances of not having alot of aggression. What ever you do be sure to share your experience with others.

palmer373
06/15/2010, 12:39 AM
i have a spare breeder net i used for guppies like a year ago, could i use that to sortof get the one i have in the tank used to the new one? or do people have success with just throwing in another ocellaris that is half the size of the one that is in the tank already? that would be the easiest for me lol. ill keep everyone updated.