PDA

View Full Version : setup different master in WXM

joeyvu
06/15/2010, 11:58 PM
hello reefers
I am trying to setup different masters pump for profiles in WXM and that area always grayed out and not allow me to change it....Is there any way that I can do this? or was i setting up wrong when updating the pumps?
Thank you in advance
Joey

Zebodog
06/16/2010, 06:51 AM
I'm pretty sure all pumps need to be slaves to the WXM.

milkman55
06/16/2010, 12:00 PM
You only have the option to select the Master Pump with the mode is set to Sync or Antisync. All other modes it is grayed out because it is not relevant.

In the Profiles, you can setup up multiple profiles for Sync or Antisync modes and designate different master pumps and us the Profiles interchangably in your Outlet configuration.

joeyvu
06/16/2010, 12:44 PM
What I am trying to do is setting two pumps running in short wave pulse, one is master and one is antisync (setup 1). However, I like to setup other set (2 other pumps, setup 2) running in long wave pulse mode or reef crest, while setup one is in short wave pulse....I hope I made it clear this time...
Thanks again

milkman55
06/16/2010, 02:03 PM
OK. Setup three profiles for the Master pump using Short, Long, and Reef Crest modes selecting the Vortech you want to be the Master pump. Then setup three cooresponding Antisyc Profiles for each of the three Master pump profiles designating the other Vortech pump. When you select Antisync as the mode in these Profiles, the Master pump box will allow you to select the Vortech you named in the first step.

You may be able to use only one Antisync Profile for all three modes if the Master pump is the same and depending on what pump speed you designated. I have not been able to prove that the Antisync mode ignores the pump speed in the Profile and uses the pump speed of the Master Pump. I setup separate profiles for each Master Pump profile, because I knew it would work that way.

joeyvu
06/16/2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks millman55
I will try it out tonight and see if it is working....Right now I have one pump setup as master in default and the rest of them are in sync or antisync. However, when I tried to set one of them as master, I can't set it up...Probably in other modes, I already set that one in slave, so it cant be set as a master any more...
For the speed of the antisync, since I have the ES driver, I can control the speed of every single pump without any problem...master or sync or antisync...
Thanks again...
Joey

joeyvu
06/16/2010, 06:13 PM
I tried to get one profile, eg reefcrest, on second pump as a master, but the master pump # was grayed out, can't change any thing...
Now I am more confused....I also deleted all my outlet program and tried to set profile and no success....
Any idea of what I am doing wrong?
THanks

aquamanic
06/16/2010, 08:08 PM
There are only 3 profiles that you can define the master (others are greyed out). Those are Sync, AntiSync and EcoBack.

In order to get a drop down box of possible masters, you have to first create a test profile (one of those 3) and select that pump as a master. So if you have 2 pumps and you want both to be masters at one time or another, you have to setup 2 test profiles using one of those 3 modes. One you select pump1 as the master, the other you select pump2 as the master. It doesn't matter which mode you select, just pick one and make pump1 the master, make another one and pick pump2 as the master.

Now, when you go to any of the other modes like Lagoon or Reefcrest, the last pump you made as the master will be the one that's greyed out. If it's not the one you want, go back to your test profile, change the master, update it, then go back to the Lagoon mode and it should be the one selected.

joeyvu
06/17/2010, 02:00 AM
Hello Alan
Thanks for replying...How can I create test profile?...Can you walk me through it?
Joey

aquamanic
06/17/2010, 07:03 AM
Same way as any other profile. Just call it something different like 'test1'. It's just going to be a place holder for defining the master. I picked profiles 15 and 16 to do this with but you can use any profile.

joeyvu
06/17/2010, 12:07 PM
Hello Alan,,,
I tried it again that way and it still greyed out...It only allows me to change master pump in sync, antisyng and ecoback modes, others modes nada....do you think I should reset the controller and start over...It is gonna take me some times then...
Thanks

aquamanic
06/17/2010, 01:11 PM
What you're seeing is correct.

Make a new sync profile and select a different master pump.
Then go make a new Lagoon profile. The master pump you just used should be the one selected and greyed out.

Don't try to change an existing profile, it won't work. Start with new (unused) profiles.

joeyvu
06/17/2010, 03:15 PM
That is probably why....I tested all profiles now and now have no new one to use....:( How can I reset the used one? Thanks Alan

aquamanic
06/17/2010, 05:33 PM
Try switching one to a pump or ramp profile, rename it of course and update. Then use it as a new one to establish a sync profile with the different master. See if that works.