PDA

View Full Version : CPR Aquatics Overflow What do you THINK

grizwalt333
06/17/2010, 02:31 PM
Ok so Ive had my 28 Bow Front going for almost three years now and I want to set up a sump (currently using a Fluval). The tank is glass and not drilled of coarse so I was looking into a CPR overflow device.

My concerns are with its need for a constant siphon to maintain functioning, it seems problematic. Does anyone have experience with the CPR or similar device on a tank of similar size to mine.

My goals are off coarse to get better filtration through a sump and far better circulation through out the tank (from the increase in turnover) and a cleaner back wall in my display.

Any other products you guys think might fit the bill let me know I need all the info I can get.

Thanks

Zebodog
06/17/2010, 02:39 PM
Lifereef makes a much better overflow box - it costs a little more but it's hard to put a price on peace of mind.

grizwalt333
06/17/2010, 02:50 PM
Thats what Im looking for keep it coming guys

sevendigitcake
06/17/2010, 05:51 PM
lifereef and eshops are the best hob overflows you can buy. Have you ever thought of putting all the live stock in totes and drilling the tank? If so, glass-holes.com overflow kit is really good.

grizwalt333
06/17/2010, 06:49 PM
Yes I have unfortunately I just moved the tank and don't want to displace everything again. I guess I could but..... I should have planed better. I like the glass holes kits thou.

C.