PDA

View Full Version : Can a kalk dosing/kalkwasser system be switched over to dosing alk only?

cherubfish pair
06/17/2010, 02:56 PM
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I'm looking into sulfur denitrification in conjunction with dissolving calc and alk in the same reactor.

The sulfur released is said to bind with the carbonates leaving a low dKH level. Could a carbonate/bicarbonate dosing system borrow a kalkwasser setup and raise dKH.

I have to rely on automation as I'm gone a lot so poring a liquid in a tank is not possible.

NanoReefWanabe
06/17/2010, 09:24 PM
you cant combine the calcium solution with the alkalinity solution in the same container...it will precipitate out of solution into a big snow flaky mess...

you can use a balling method with a peristaltic pump to pump your solutions for you...then you can adjust the drip rate of the ALK to be what you need.

cherubfish pair
06/17/2010, 10:41 PM
"balling method"?

eznet2u
06/17/2010, 10:52 PM
"balling method"?
http://www.google.com/search?q=balling+method&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a