PDA

View Full Version : Near disaster..

robs.mark
06/21/2010, 06:19 AM
Got home from work T 5pm and no power. Checked my timer, went out at 9.45am. Temp was 71 deg. I got a powerhead and a 150w heater on straight away and th power came back on at 7 so was a total of 9 1/4 hours. Looks like everythink is okay. Powers been on for 2 hours now and everythings open.

Its strange as today i was looking at back up systems, i even requested a quote from a ups company! But its an mp20w and a battery back up for me, the missus requests it! :thumbsup:

gweston
06/21/2010, 12:22 PM
I had power go out Saturday as well. One strip was on a GFCI adapter. The other wasn't. sump return and both powerheads were off for maybe 7 hours, the gfci trips with power outages.... but.. the HOB skimmer was powered up and working. Well, it kept things in shape until I got home. I actually left it there for that reason. Glad I did.

Figures, as I'm buying an Apex controller tomorrow. Was informed that it arrived at the LFS on Friday. Sheesh.

robs.mark
06/21/2010, 06:27 PM
Its a horrible feeling isnt it?! I returned home from work expecting to make us a meal, and have a beer, instead i was handed carnage and stress!

Whats a GFCI adapter?

nmbeg
06/21/2010, 10:37 PM
I have had power failures twice on my tank, both on weekends when I was out of town (damn Murphy). The tank has never recovered. It's been downhill since.

robs.mark
06/21/2010, 11:13 PM
did you loose anything straight away?

nmbeg
06/22/2010, 10:10 AM
Lost 50% of stock each time, "straight away."