PDA

View Full Version : Livestocking for a 28 JBJ LED Nano advice...

mpsullivan
06/22/2010, 01:11 PM
Hey all,

Was thinking about the following for my 28g Nano:

1 Black and White Clown (Tank Raised)

1 Green Clown Goby (Tank Raised)

1 Purple Firefish

1 Kaudern Cardinal (Tank Raise)

1 Six Line Wrasse

1 Squat Lobster

1 Red Cleaner Shrimp

CUC of Various Hermits and Astrea, Cerith, Trochus, and Nas. Snails (need an idea of how much of each member of cuc to have).

Then add appropriate corals that fit with these type of critters...I feel like I need to get rid of one or two of the non-cuc organisms...what do yall think?

I was going to have 30lbs of LR and 25-30lbs of LS with a CPR HOB fuge with macro, lr, ls, pods, brine, and rotis...

NYCBOB
06/22/2010, 01:28 PM
the list sounds good, except the lobster. i am not sure if its safe with others.

Toddrtrex
06/22/2010, 03:05 PM
I would pass on the 6 line. They get fairly aggressive and even more so in a small tank.

Moonstream
06/22/2010, 06:04 PM
Id skip the lobster and the sixline, neither of which should be trusted in a tank that small, IMO.

mpsullivan
06/23/2010, 09:29 AM
you think if I said no to the lobster and wrasse I could add another fish instead? a bg chromis? or any other ideas come to mind that could work but not restrict the fish or overload the tank...

chimmike
06/23/2010, 09:35 AM
too many fish for such a small tank, IMO.

the lobster will eat corals and they're not reef safe. I don't like any emerald crabs as I watched mine eat SPS.

I'd say a clown and a goby would be fine, with a good CUC and maybe a porcelain crab and some kind of cool shrimp. I'm partial to sexy shrimp because they're so cool.