PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Bulb Question????

saltwaterlew
06/23/2010, 08:50 PM
Went to the LFS the other day to replace my 36" Current Sunpaq Dual Actinic 420nm/460nm. He didnt have an exact replacement but sold me a UV Lighting Company Super Actinic 96w PC-R. When I got home and plugged it in it seem to be more purple than blue. What is the difference?? Which one is a better light??

expyman
06/23/2010, 10:00 PM
I prefer the UV lighting bulbs over Current bulbs. I think the UV are better bulbs. However as for which is better for you inhabitants I think you will get mixed answers based on opinions not facts.

grigsy
06/25/2010, 08:03 PM
You may have bought a 420nm bulb from your LFS. That would be more purple than blue and would explain things.

Personally, I dont like the look from the UV lighting compact fluorescents. UV lighting makes great T12 bulbs, but I don't care for UV lighting compact fl bulbs or their T5 bulbs. They're not nearly as nice.

Both 460nm and 420 nm are good blue bulbs. Picking one is just a matter of preference.

The 420nm gives more of a black light effect and you will get more fluorescense. The 460nm is brighter and more blue looking.

I ran the Hello lights PC 420nm blue bulb for a while and liked it a lot.