PDA

View Full Version : new sump location

rdog
06/24/2010, 07:49 AM
I went against all advice that was given to me... I moved my sump into my utility room which is 36 ft from my tank... I have a 240 gallon tank(8ftr), 36 gallon frag tank and twin 55 gallons tanks for a sump, refuge and make-up water... The DT drains by gravity into a 20 gallon tank which is full of live rock... It is then pumped out of there, 36 ft to the sump... After it goes through threw the sump it’s pumped back to the DT... I know what ur all thinking, WHAT IF A PUMP FAILS, I have float switches in the return section and in the 20 gallon(supply tank)... So if the supply pump quits working it will drain down 2/3 and then kick the float switch off and will shut off the return pump and vice versa for the return pump to the supply pump... So far (3 weeks now) everything is fine... Power outages and nothing overflows, well, except for the first time I cut the power off, lol... The water temp seems to be staying very constant... I was worried that the long run would cool the water down to much but so far so good... I will try to get some pictures up as soon as I can…

James404
06/24/2010, 08:46 AM
sounds like you did your homework, good job.