PDA

View Full Version : Help apex gone crazy

jopo43
06/25/2010, 10:39 PM
Have had the apex for less than a year. It was great but....
About two weeks ago it went blank and I unplugged it and it was ok.
This week the last two days it has went blank and tonight more fun...
I watched the head unit read 118 degrees and ph was 11.87 or so
It also shut my return pump off. It then went to 12 degrees
I have current updates firmware last night the ph and orp was crazy at night ph 12. Orp 789.
What is causing this?
Help have always liked the controller but can't have it this crazy for long?
Help
Joe

aquamanic
06/26/2010, 06:14 AM
First, make sure your ORP and pH are plugged into the proper connectors on the base. They're the same so it's easy to mix up. If you did plug them in wrong, you'll get nutty results.

If the temp probe is reading low, it might be bad. That's typically what it will do - read somewhere around 20 degrees.

If you're certain everything is plugged in correctly, I'd try cleaning and recalibrating them first. do the pH since that's the easiest to do and doesn't require anything special besides calibration fluid which you can get at your LFS. See if that helps any.

jopo43
07/12/2010, 09:14 PM
my probes are all plugged into the correct outlets.
It had been working fine. went to change water shut off pumps from my iphone 4 with the app and it went wacko again.
Is it something with the iphone and the new IOS4 after I updated to IOS4 on the 3GS it did the same??
Help

kenargo
07/12/2010, 11:01 PM
The 1st thing I would suggest is to re-install the firmware; just to be sure you don't have any corruption in the firmware. Once things are back to stable you should be able to start diagnosing the issue.

aquamanic
07/13/2010, 09:02 AM
Are these probe values showing up in the Apex data logs or just on the iPhone?

jopo43
07/13/2010, 11:56 AM
Probe values show up on apex display and iPhone app

aquamanic
07/13/2010, 04:18 PM
Well, do as Ken suggests and reload/load the current firmware. Start there.