PDA

View Full Version : Anthias safe with 6 Line wrasse?

Reefer08
06/27/2010, 12:17 PM
Id like to have 2 or 3 Barletts in my tank but id like to know if they're safe with my 6 line wrasse? Also have a royal gamma. My 6 line is a real jerk and has killed a few small fishes in the past. Its a 70g tank. Thanks for the advice.

Lightsluvr
06/27/2010, 12:28 PM
I have (3) Dispar Anthias in the tank with a 6-line, and the wrasse pays them no mind. Of course, he is smaller than the Anthias.

Good luck.

LL

snorvich
06/27/2010, 01:05 PM
Id like to have 2 or 3 Barletts in my tank but id like to know if they're safe with my 6 line wrasse? Also have a royal gamma. My 6 line is a real jerk and has killed a few small fishes in the past. Its a 70g tank. Thanks for the advice.

The royal gramma is much more likely at risk.

SDguy
06/27/2010, 01:06 PM
Bartletts are pretty scrappy. I wouldn't worry, unless they are tiny.

eho72
06/27/2010, 03:48 PM
I have 3 bartlett anthias with my six-line wrasse, which was there first. Never seen them fight. The only fish my six-line chases is the flasher wrasse.

Reefer08
06/27/2010, 07:20 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses. Ill try and make sure the barletts are large when I buy them.

revaltion131
06/27/2010, 09:18 PM
I would try to use some kind of social acclimation for them, like putting them in a breeder cup/net for a day or two before releasing them. In general I would think that they should be alright, but I'd worry about the way that the established fish would handle the fact that these guys are newcomers, even if they are bigger and meaner.

Reefer08
06/28/2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks everyone, yes ill start them out in an acclimation tank inside my tank.

One quick question, do both males and females get streamers? Also do only adults get streamers? Thanks again

chawming
06/29/2010, 08:04 AM
I am not as confident. I have a six line wrasse and 4 dispar Anthias. They were doing fine for 6 months but starting last week, six line has been confining the Anthias to a specific spot and won't let them leave at all. It also stressed my Royal Gramma to death earlier.

Dakota Reef
06/29/2010, 09:59 PM
My experience was similar. I'd had a six-line wrasse for many years, and he'd gotten quite large but never bothered anything in the tank. Then he started harassing my trio of Barletts....seemed to happen every night about an hour before lights out. He'd get all worked up dancing with his reflection then shoot off after the hapless anthias. I had to remove him in the end.