PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this new LED Bulb?

AquamanE
06/28/2010, 04:04 PM
Supplemental lighting maybe?

Although a little pricey its expected life is 50K hours.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Ecoxotic_PAR38_LED_Aquarium_Lamp_21watt_455nm_Royal_Blue_(5_Royal_Blue)_LED_Light_Bulbs_for_Saltwate r_Reef_Aquariums-Ecoxotic-XX06850-FILTBULD-XX06851-vi.html

beeker
06/28/2010, 04:26 PM
1 watt leds only work on very shallow tanks 10 inches or less

i used PAR38 led spotlights from nanotuners on my 200g DD, my thread is in large tank forum check it out, so far they perform well and look good, sps color is still 50/50 but i recently bought 4 custom PAR38's with 4 cool blue leds and 1 neutral white with 60 optics to enchance color

i'm still waiting to see the results since i just got the customs 4 days ago, give me another month and i'll post up my results, hoping to get the few sps that have dulled or browned some to color up with the custom bulbs but i'm thinking it will work out nicely

so far lps, acans, chalice and Zoa's all keep their great colors sps seem to be the only corals that have color issues under the leds, but i'm doing my best to solve this

ganjero
06/28/2010, 05:00 PM
They almost the same as the nanotunners. The ecoxotic has a 40 optics which focuses the light in a narrow area and help penetrates more. Nanotunners give you the option to choose 40,,60,80 optics for better spread but less penetration

AquamanE
06/28/2010, 06:29 PM
If i understand correctly they fit on a normal bulb socket?? :o:o Not sure.

I only need it to supplement my current 6 powerbrights that dont touch the "brace" in the middle of my tank. I would aim it towards that area.

Think that would work??

ksc
06/28/2010, 06:43 PM
Those are the same as the nanotuners bulbs (5 3watt bulbs drawing 21 watts), but with less options to customise. Screw it into a regular socket and light up that dark spot.