PDA

View Full Version : programming questions..

coffeenut
07/01/2010, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by RussM
Use a switch, such as a small toggle switch from Radio Shack, mounted in the prop room and connected to a breakout box. Program it to override the automatic program for your prop lights. While working in the prop room during a normally lights-out period, just flip the switch on (closed)... prop lights go on. Flip to switch back to normal (open) to allow the usual programming to resume.

You could also do this with a momentary pushbutton switch and a Max Change statement.

I never used the build-in feed cycles on my AC3... 2 pushbutton switches were used instead... one triggered a 15-minute feed cycle equivalent, the other switch triggered a longer 60-minute shutdown of return, skimmer, CL, and ATO for maintenance periods like water changes. This was initially done for the benefit of my wife, who handled tank feeding while I was away on frequent business travel... all she had to do was hold down the feed button (I'd mounted the switches just out of plain sight on the rear of my canopy) for 2-3 seconds, and toss in the food. She was afraid to even touch the AC3!
ok i built a box with 6 momentary switches, connected to a break out box
i want to program them to do different things, IE..
#1 i want to turn on the exhaust fan ,
# 2 to turn it off
# 3 to turn on a outlet for 4 min,
# 4 to turn on all 12 lights for 45 min,
# 5 to turn them all off# 6 to turn off multiple outlets for 15 min (powerheads)
# 6 is spare for now
thanks...

coffeenut
07/03/2010, 01:48 PM
no one?
thanks in advance..

coffeenut
07/03/2010, 01:49 PM
in case i wasnt clear on what i want to do..

ok i built a box with 6 momentary switches, connected to a break out box
i want to program them to do different things, IE..
#1 i want to turn on the exhaust fan ,
# 2 to turn it off
# 3 to turn on a outlet for 4 min,
# 4 to turn on all 12 lights for 45 min,
# 5 to turn them all off# 6 to turn off multiple outlets for 15 min (powerheads)
# 6 is spare for now
thanks...

aquamanic
07/03/2010, 01:53 PM
Why don't you post your program and where you're having trouble getting it to work correctly. I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses.

coffeenut
07/03/2010, 02:18 PM
was hoping some one could give me examples of each so i could fine tune them, as i dont understand programming code.. im a mechanical guy.. software code baffles me.